On Saturday more than 35 people crowded into Saranac Commons to hear a SpokaneFāVS Coffee Talk discussion on “Forgive or Forget.”
Everyone strained to hear the panelists — a poet, a professor, a Buddhist minister and a WWII survivor. Some moved to the floor and sat at their feet to hear their profound comments, but in a crowded venue with lots of noise and no microphone, the theme of the morning was, “I can’t hear.”
So FāVS is launching a small fundraising campaign to raise money for its own Coffee Talk Pro Audio System so that for our next Coffee Talk, in October, all guests can hear. We’d like the purchase the “Fender Passport CONFERENCE – Self-Contained Portable Audio System (175W),” which is a portable PA system designed for small audiences. The system has received good reviews. The cost is $399.99.
If you’d like to contribute to this fund, please make a donation via Paypal below, or mail a check to SpokaneFAVS at PO Box 8416, Spokane, WA 99203.
Facebook Live video of the August Coffee Talk
- FāVS is having an Easter sale - March 20, 2018
- Visit other FāVS readers and writers at this month’s mixer - March 18, 2018
- Retreat Center offers Holy Week Retreats - March 7, 2018
- Upcoming lecture at Gonzaga to address Christian ethics and immigration - February 21, 2018
- Gonzaga Lecture: Is this Global Warming? - February 11, 2018
- A First in America: Buddhist Master Teacher coming to Sravasti for historic trainining - January 21, 2018
- Spokane Women’s March ready for second year - January 13, 2018
- Retreat examines how to love people who bug you - January 7, 2018
- FāVS year in review: Hate groups, Women’s March, “Abortion isn’t Simple” - December 31, 2017
- Local Baha’is to meet monthly in 2018 - December 29, 2017