On Sunday the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints created its sixth stake in Spokane County.
The new Mount Spokane Stake will be overseen by President Jed McKinlay, who will be assisted by two counselors, Matthew Borders and Darin Christensen.
A stake is defined as a collection of six to 12 congregations in a geographic area, with each congregation having approximately 300 people.
The local church has about 26,000 members in the county. Five new congregations have formed in the past five years. This is the first stake formed in the county in 14 years.
- Coffee Talk: Restoring Trust - November 17, 2019
- Show Your Love for FāVS, Become a Member - November 14, 2019
- 50% off ads on SpokaneFāVS.com - November 12, 2019
- FAN Celebrates 2nd Annual Dinner in Spokane - November 3, 2019
- Survey Gives Insight Into Current American Values - October 21, 2019
- Orthodox Archbishop to Speak at Whitworth University - October 13, 2019
- VIDEO – Coffee Talk: Compassion in the Face of Crime and Homelessness - October 3, 2019
- Annual Compassion Games Kicks off This Month in Spokane - September 1, 2019
- Unity Churches To Celebrate Annual World Day of Prayer - August 29, 2019
- Two Faith Groups Call for Shea’s Resignation - August 23, 2019