Ven. Thubten Chonyi, a Buddhist nun living at Sravasti Abbey, starts her day by reading SpokaneFāVS.com. She’s one of the 5,000 people who get FāVS delivered right to her inbox each morning.
“Reading it teaches me so much about human hearts and helps me understand the lenses that people of different faiths wear to view our world,” she says. “Although we may have widely different philosophical views, I find much in common with writers and readers of SpokaneFAVs—all seekers of higher truths, all proponents of spiritual ethics, all believers in human potential to care for one another and our world.”
So many people feel this way about SpokaneFāVS, like FāVS columnist Cassy Benefield who says, “I really believe SpokaneFāVs.com is one of the best places on the internet, and every local community should have a place like this where people from all walks of life can talk and listen to one another better where reciprocal understanding and kindness are results.”
Follow Their Lead
We’re just as grateful for Benefield and Chonyi as they are for FāVS. We hope more people will follow their lead and become FāVS Members to help support this website and community.
Any donation helps us publish this content each day. We’ve created five membership tiers for you to choose from – something that fits every budget. All members get the daily SpokaneFāVS newsletter and get access to the members only forum. Other perks, depending on membership tier, include discounted advertising, discounted use of the FāVS Center and special events just for members.
Since FāVS launched in 2012 we’ve published 2,000 religion news stories, 5,000 columns from all faith perspectives and we’ve hosted 70 Coffee Talks!
Not sure if you should join?
FāVS Member Skyler Oberst, founder of Seekr, shares why he’s a monthly donor.
“I support FāVS because my community matters and deserves the highest quality journalism and commentary,” he said.
Will you join him in supporting the efforts of SpokaneFāVS?
- FāVS To Host Digital Coffee Talk “Who Will You Be In A Crisis?” - April 3, 2020
- VIDEO: Engaging Faith Communities Online, Beyond Worship - March 26, 2020
- How Faith Communities Can Improve Their Digital Presence During COVID-19 - March 25, 2020
- FāVS offers digital consulting, technician services for faith communities moving online - March 20, 2020
- 3 ways to support your faith community during COVID-19 - March 20, 2020
- VIDEO: How Congregations Can Improve Virtual Presence During COVID-19 Restrictions - March 18, 2020
- FāVS To Host Webinar On Digitizing Worship - March 16, 2020
- COVID-19: List of House of Worship Closings in Spokane Area - March 13, 2020
- Episcopal Diocese of Spokane, Spokane Buddhist Temple,Suspends Worship Services - March 13, 2020
- UPDATED: Spokane Churches Suspend Services in Response to COVID-19 - March 12, 2020