Sharing faith can be a bonding point, but different people bringing different faiths to the friendship is very enriching. When I have conversations with people of different faiths, I like to ask a lot of questions because I know how much I can learn from them.
It's fun to both find commonality and to exchange pieces of wisdom each individual has gleaned. Friendships amongst people of different faiths is so important, as well as Christlike. If we aren't intimidated by other perspectives, we often see that others are wonderfully different, often the same, rarely “wrong.” I occasionally attend a church other than my own alone, just for the experience. I have had great conversations as a result.
- Did Jesus have compassion fatigue? - March 3, 2014
- Going on a Mormon mission - June 29, 2012
- Redeeming Eve, part 3 - June 26, 2012
- Understanding the Book of Mormon - June 19, 2012
- Sharing faith can be a bonding point but… - June 18, 2012
- Indaba Coffee, Post-it Note faith, and Mormon missions - June 1, 2012
- Redeeming Eve, part 2: equal power - May 11, 2012
- I would rather see dangerous people locked away - May 7, 2012
- Redeeming Eve, Part 1: Not a Sinner - April 19, 2012
- Not all faith groups are losing young adults - April 10, 2012