- Gonzaga Lecture: Is this Global Warming? - February 11, 2018
- A First in America: Buddhist Master Teacher coming to Sravasti for historic trainining - January 21, 2018
- Spokane Women’s March ready for second year - January 13, 2018
- Retreat examines how to love people who bug you - January 7, 2018
- FāVS year in review: Hate groups, Women’s March, “Abortion isn’t Simple” - December 31, 2017
- Local Baha’is to meet monthly in 2018 - December 29, 2017
- Ring in the new year with a cultural service at Spokane Buddhist Temple - December 26, 2017
- Today’s Coffee Talk to focus on “The Role of Prayer” - December 1, 2017
- Tonight at Gonzaga: China’s Last Jesuit: Charles J. McCarthy - November 20, 2017
- Join SpokaneFāVS today for a Coffee Talk on “Unlearning Hate” - October 7, 2017
Second Harvest offers cooking classes for kids this week
This week Second Harvest is offering cooking classes, “dedicated to all things eggs” for kids 8-12 years old.
According to an announcement the “An EGGScellent Adventure” classes are a way for children to be imaginative with food. They will learn about the egg and will have the chance to plant seeds to take home.
Classes will be Thursday from 4-5:30 p.m. and Saturday from 12-2 p.m. at the Kitchen at Second Harvest, 1234 E. Front St.
Classes are limited to 15 students. Attendees can register online.
Thompson founded the studio as part of her journey from competitive athletics to a philosophy of inclusive fitness, one where people from all fitness backgrounds can workout together, challenging and encouraging each other to live a healthy life.