This month The Salvation Army of Spokane returned its many programs that support families in need during the winter season. Adopt-A-Family, Angel Tree and Clothe-A-Child programs are three ways in which the community can help.
Through these are opportunities for organizations, churches or families to work together and adopt a family currently living at The Salvation Army shelter or transitional housing program. The organization will help in matching volunteers with a family and provide a gift list, so participants can shop and help a family celebrate Christmas that might have not been able to.
Another program, the Angel Tree, asks an organization to hang pre-labeled gift tags on an office Christmas tree. This gives anyone the chance to select a gift tag and purchase one item that can be handed out to children and families in need this holiday season, including children in local emergency foster care programs Sally’s House and Evangeline’s House, according to a press release.
Clothe-A-Child is an where individuals can donate funds or volunteer to shop with 100 boys and girls to find warm winter clothing to prepare them for the Spokane winter. Two shopping events will be held where each child is paired with a volunteer and allotted $100 to shop for warm apparel. This year’s Clothe-A-Child events are on Nov. 28 and 29 from 2:30 – 5 pm. Visit www.makingspokanebetter.org to sign-up to shop.
For individuals or organizations interested in participating, contact (509) 280-9431 or email spokanechristmas@usw.
- VIDEO: Coffee Talk “The Value of Human Connection” - June 5, 2020
- Inslee Issues Guidelines for Resuming Religious Services in Spokane - May 28, 2020
- FāVS Forward Podcast: Rabbi Tamar Malino “Full Life Cycle” - May 22, 2020
- FāVS Forward Podcast: Pastor Joe Wittwer “When Life Gives You Lemons” - May 16, 2020
- Thank you donors! - May 10, 2020
- FāVS Forward Podcast: A Hope-filled People - May 8, 2020
- PJALS to host Anti-Asian Racism: Bystander Intervention Training Tonight - May 6, 2020
- Show your love for FāVS on this #GivingNewsDay - May 5, 2020
- FāVS Forward Podcast: Reflections and Hope - May 2, 2020
- FāVS Forward Podcast: Children and Music First - April 25, 2020