Salem Lutheran, located in Spokane’s West Central neighborhood, was badly vandalized sometime between Monday night and Tuesday morning with damage done to the sanctuary, sacristy, Fireside Room, main office, and community room, according to Pastor Liv Larson Andrews.
She reports that all the groups that rent from the church are safe as are church accounts and other areas of the building, including the pianos and organ.
“While I am saddened at the state of things, I am also confident that our community can come together and clean, tidy, repair and continue to be the church.” Larson said in a press release, adding, “After all, the church is the gathered people, not the building.”
Members of the church and others in the community are invited to begin the cleaning process beginning Wednesday the 17th at 9am.
- Bethel Church of the Nazarene vandalized, burglarized - April 6, 2018
- Center for Spiritual Living supports Paris Accords - June 5, 2017
- Rev. Kristen E.M. Kuempel elected Bishop of Eastern Washington-Idaho Synod - May 22, 2017
- Salem Lutheran Church vandalized, community invited to help cleanup - May 16, 2017
- Refugee forum coming to St. Stephen’s Episcopal - May 11, 2017