Simple changes practiced consistently can yield major life-giving transformations. According to a press release, this is the deep heart of monastic living and a major focus of “Living as a Monk in Everyday Life” with Sister Teresa Jackson, a nine-month Benedictine spirituality cohort program at Spirit Center at the Monastery of St. Gertrude.
It begins with a week-long retreat September 10-16 at the monastery, located in Cottonwood, Idaho. Then, over the next nine months participants will take online classes in Benedictine spirituality, participate in online discussions with other participants, explore suggested readings and do regular integration/reflection exercises. The program will consist of four separate units:
- The spiritual journey;
- Benedictine prayer;
- Values and structures of Benedictine life;
- Reading the Rule of Benedict.
Sister Teresa was inspired to create the program several years ago after observing the number of lay people who are drawn to Benedictine spirituality but who don’t have opportunities for in-depth, structured formation.
“The cohort is an opportunity for like-minded people to journey together as they develop a monastic lifestyle in the midst of a society that doesn’t understand this call,” she said in an announcement.
Participation in the program will be limited to eight people who will be accepted through an application process. A donation of $1,500 will cover the retreats, food, lodging and program costs after acceptance into the cohort program.
To apply, or for information, call (208) 962-3224.
If everyone who reads and appreciates FāVS, helps fund it, we can provide more content like this. For as little as $5, you can support FāVS – and it only takes a minute. Thank you.[give_form id=”53376″ show_title=”true” display_style=”button”]
- Spokane Clergy Plan to Commit to Year of Anti-Racist Work - September 15, 2020
- FāVS Online Social Coming up Sept. 10 - September 4, 2020
- FāVS Forward: Helping Women & Children - August 22, 2020
- FāVS Forward: Sr. Mary Eucharista, “Hope, Peace & Healing” - August 15, 2020
- FāVS Forward: Rev. Jim Murphy “Come and See” - August 7, 2020
- Video – Coffee Talk: The Power of Words - August 1, 2020
- FāVS Forward: Rev. Heather Tadlock “Holy Agitation” - July 25, 2020
- FāVS Forward: Liv Larson Andrews, “Beautiful Tension” - July 17, 2020
- Director of Quaker Retreat Center to be Digital Guest at Friends Church - July 13, 2020
- YWCA Spokane Calls for Women of Achievement Nominations - July 9, 2020