Today at 5 p.m. a rally will take place in Spokane supporting immigrants and refugees.
Organized by the Peace and Justice Action League of Spokane “Rise Up for Refugees & Resist Trump’s Muslim Ban 2.0” is meant to denounce, “The Trump administration’s rewritten executive order, which turns our backs on refugees from around the world at the very time when they are most in need of safety,” according to a press release.
Trump’s revised travel ban has been blocked temporarily by two federal judges. They cited the president’s statements about Muslims during the presidential campaign as part of their rulings.
Trump, however, slammed their decision and has vowed to take the issue before the Supreme Court.
The rally will take place at the Community Building, 35 W. Main.
Similar rallies are taking place today throughout the country.
- The Lands Council To Host SpoCanopy Community Tree Planting Event - October 10, 2021
- Gonzaga Report on Catholic Sexual Abuse Crisis Recommends Next Steps, Path Forward for Healing and Justice - September 4, 2021
- We Believe We Vote Bringing Gov. Mike Huckabee to Spokane - August 29, 2021
- Former U.S. Secretary of State Madeleine Albright to speak at Whitworth University’s President’s Leadership Forum - August 21, 2021
- Saturday Coffee Talk to be on Understanding Prayer - August 6, 2021
- $5 Million Grant Will Fund Research on How Pandemic Has Impacted Congregations - July 28, 2021
- Spokane City Council to Host Discussion on State of Immigrants and Refugees in Spokane - July 21, 2021
- YWCA Spokane to Present Roundtable Discussion: Kids, Caregivers, COVID & Trauma - July 18, 2021
- Nominations open for Eva Lassman Take Action Against Hate Awards - July 12, 2021
- Video: Coffee Talk on Faith and Technology - June 5, 2021