Today at 5 p.m. a rally will take place in Spokane supporting immigrants and refugees.
Organized by the Peace and Justice Action League of Spokane “Rise Up for Refugees & Resist Trump’s Muslim Ban 2.0” is meant to denounce, “The Trump administration’s rewritten executive order, which turns our backs on refugees from around the world at the very time when they are most in need of safety,” according to a press release.
Trump’s revised travel ban has been blocked temporarily by two federal judges. They cited the president’s statements about Muslims during the presidential campaign as part of their rulings.
Trump, however, slammed their decision and has vowed to take the issue before the Supreme Court.
The rally will take place at the Community Building, 35 W. Main.
Similar rallies are taking place today throughout the country.
- FāVS is having an Easter sale - March 20, 2018
- Visit other FāVS readers and writers at this month’s mixer - March 18, 2018
- Retreat Center offers Holy Week Retreats - March 7, 2018
- Upcoming lecture at Gonzaga to address Christian ethics and immigration - February 21, 2018
- Gonzaga Lecture: Is this Global Warming? - February 11, 2018
- A First in America: Buddhist Master Teacher coming to Sravasti for historic trainining - January 21, 2018
- Spokane Women’s March ready for second year - January 13, 2018
- Retreat examines how to love people who bug you - January 7, 2018
- FāVS year in review: Hate groups, Women’s March, “Abortion isn’t Simple” - December 31, 2017
- Local Baha’is to meet monthly in 2018 - December 29, 2017