A Pullman church is planning a concert this weekend to raise money for World Relief Spokane.
World Relief Spokane works with local churches to help refugees settle in the area by providing them with basic necessities, housing and helping them apply for public services, employment, public schooling and English classes.
The concert will be at Community Congregational United Church of Christ, 525 N.E. Campus St., Sunday at 4 p.m. Tickets are $25 and each dollar will be matched 2 to 1 by a federal grant, according to an announcement.
The event will include music by musicians who were once refugees in their time. Other performances will focus on the concert’s theme of social justice. Another concert highlight is a a 14-piece string orchestra performance.
Refreshments will also be served.
Tickets are available at the door or at Neill’s Flowers and Gifts in Pullman and BookPeople of Moscow.
- Show Your Love for FāVS, Become a Member - November 14, 2019
- 50% off ads on SpokaneFāVS.com - November 12, 2019
- FAN Celebrates 2nd Annual Dinner in Spokane - November 3, 2019
- Survey Gives Insight Into Current American Values - October 21, 2019
- Orthodox Archbishop to Speak at Whitworth University - October 13, 2019
- VIDEO – Coffee Talk: Compassion in the Face of Crime and Homelessness - October 3, 2019
- Annual Compassion Games Kicks off This Month in Spokane - September 1, 2019
- Unity Churches To Celebrate Annual World Day of Prayer - August 29, 2019
- Two Faith Groups Call for Shea’s Resignation - August 23, 2019
- Q&A: Council President Candidates Answer Questions About Faith, Ethics - August 2, 2019