A Pullman church is planning a concert this weekend to raise money for World Relief Spokane.
World Relief Spokane works with local churches to help refugees settle in the area by providing them with basic necessities, housing and helping them apply for public services, employment, public schooling and English classes.
The concert will be at Community Congregational United Church of Christ, 525 N.E. Campus St., Sunday at 4 p.m. Tickets are $25 and each dollar will be matched 2 to 1 by a federal grant, according to an announcement.
The event will include music by musicians who were once refugees in their time. Other performances will focus on the concert’s theme of social justice. Another concert highlight is a a 14-piece string orchestra performance.
Refreshments will also be served.
Tickets are available at the door or at Neill’s Flowers and Gifts in Pullman and BookPeople of Moscow.
- FāVS Expands “Ask” series with Hindu and Quaker column - February 15, 2020
- The Problem With Tolerance - February 10, 2020
- Cannabis and Religion - February 5, 2020
- MLK Events Planned Throughout Region - January 19, 2020
- St. Luke’s Orthodox Celebrates Theophany with Outdoor Water Blessing - January 12, 2020
- Women’s March Continues in Spokane for 4th Year - January 9, 2020
- Creators’ Table Brings Visiting Artists To Spokane - January 3, 2020
- Top FāVS Stories and Columns of 2019 - December 31, 2019
- Religion News Association Releases top stories and newsmakers of 2019 - December 22, 2019
- Annual Chanukah Menorah Lighting to Take Place Downtown - December 18, 2019