A Pullman church is planning a concert this weekend to raise money for World Relief Spokane.
World Relief Spokane works with local churches to help refugees settle in the area by providing them with basic necessities, housing and helping them apply for public services, employment, public schooling and English classes.
The concert will be at Community Congregational United Church of Christ, 525 N.E. Campus St., Sunday at 4 p.m. Tickets are $25 and each dollar will be matched 2 to 1 by a federal grant, according to an announcement.
The event will include music by musicians who were once refugees in their time. Other performances will focus on the concert’s theme of social justice. Another concert highlight is a a 14-piece string orchestra performance.
Refreshments will also be served.
Tickets are available at the door or at Neill’s Flowers and Gifts in Pullman and BookPeople of Moscow.
- VIDEO: Coffee Talk “The Role of Holidays in Different Faith Traditions” - April 5, 2021
- “Celebrate Curiosity” Art Contest Open to Local Artists - March 28, 2021
- Rally To Be Held in Downtown Spokane Saturday “To Stop Asian Hate” - March 19, 2021
- FāVS Survey: 10 Questions To Helps Us Get to Know Our Readers - March 7, 2021
- The Fig Tree Benefits March 5 and 10 To Be Held Virtual - February 28, 2021
- Temple Beth Shalom Vandalized with Swastikas - February 8, 2021
- Top FāVS News and Commentary of 2020 - December 31, 2020
- Pandemic’s effects on religious life, liberty named No. 1 religion story of 2020 - December 17, 2020
- Spokane Clergy Plan to Commit to Year of Anti-Racist Work - September 15, 2020
- FāVS Online Social Coming up Sept. 10 - September 4, 2020