Immaculate Heart Retreat Center will host a Day of Prayer on Prayer entitled, “Prayer-How do you do it? Simple Strategies and Practical Solutions,” which will be lead by the Rev. Jeff Core on April 22.
“Prayer can sometimes feel tricky when you think you have to follow a certain method, or if you don’t feel anything,” a press release about the event reads.
Rev. Core will assist participants with help on the practical side of prayer: what it is, how to do it, and ways that work that will take us outside our comfort zone, according to an announcement. The first conference is titled: “Daily Prayer: It’s Not Just for Breakfast Anymore!” And the second conference is titled: “How Do You Get to Heaven? Practice, Practice, Practice!”
Core was ordained May 26, 2011 by Bishop Blase Cupich. He currently serves as pastor at Sacred Heart Parish in Pullman.
The Day of Prayer begins with a Rosary at 9 a.m., includes two conferences, lunch, the sacrament of Reconciliation, and Mass. The Day of Prayer will close with Adoration. Cost is $35 per person and includes lunch, (or $45 which also includes use of a private room for the day). Register in advance by calling (509)448-1224 or online at www.ihrc.net.
- How one church is staying “Grounded” - June 28, 2022
- Some Celebrate, Some Vow to Fight Back: Spokane Responds to Reversal of Roe V. Wade - June 24, 2022
- I am learning that ‘being’ is more compelling than ‘doing’ - May 16, 2022
- A tribute to my source, and friend, Pastor Andy CastroLang, who will retire this year - April 18, 2022
- At Upcoming Hybrid Event Panelist Will Discuss “Separate Histories, Common Challenges” - February 23, 2022
- YWCA Sparks Conversation During Teen Dating Violence Action Month - February 2, 2022
- Spokane Retreat Center Offers Post-Christmas Day of Recollection - January 2, 2022
- Supporting Our Reporters: Meet Loren Negron - December 5, 2021
- VIDEO: Coffee Talk — The State of Religion Reporting Today - December 4, 2021
- Spokane Valley Vigil to be Held in Response to Rittenhouse Verdict - November 29, 2021