Prosecutors announced Monday that they would seek the death penalty against James Holmes, who is accused of shooting 12 people dead at a movie theater in Aurora, Colo. last year.
“For James Eagan Holmes, justice is death,” the district attorney for Arapahoe County, George Brauchler, said in court.
However the decision comes as people across the country and working to abolish the death penalty.
What do you think his punishment should be if the court finds him guilty?
- Taking a Risk for Love - September 19, 2022
- VIDEO – Coffee Talk: Responding To Hate & Violence, Part 2 - August 7, 2022
- Now Hiring: Freelance Reporters - August 2, 2022
- Seeking Local Human Rights Champions - July 26, 2022
- Gonzaga offers $500 prize to person or organization countering hatred￼ - July 23, 2022
- VIDEO! Pop up Coffee Talk: Roe v Wade & Scotus – How my Faith Tells me to Respond - July 20, 2022
- How one church is staying “Grounded” - June 28, 2022
- Some Celebrate, Some Vow to Fight Back: Spokane Responds to Reversal of Roe V. Wade - June 24, 2022
- I am learning that ‘being’ is more compelling than ‘doing’ - May 16, 2022
- A tribute to my source, and friend, Pastor Andy CastroLang, who will retire this year - April 18, 2022