Evangelical pastor Rob Bell made headlines again this weekend when he said, “I am for marriage. I am for fidelity. I am for love, whether it's a man and woman, a woman and a woman, a man and a man.”
He made the comments advocated LGBT couples this weekend during a speech at Grace Cathedral in San Francisco.
Bell was challenged in 2011 when his book, “Love Wins” disputed the idea that hell is a place where bad people go when they die.
His latest book, “What We Talk About When We Talk About God,” is calls for the evangelical church to change.
What do you think of Bell's ideas?
- VIDEO – Coffee Talk: Responding To Hate & Violence, Part 2 - August 7, 2022
- Now Hiring: Freelance Reporters - August 2, 2022
- Seeking Local Human Rights Champions - July 26, 2022
- Gonzaga offers $500 prize to person or organization countering hatred￼ - July 23, 2022
- VIDEO! Pop up Coffee Talk: Roe v Wade & Scotus – How my Faith Tells me to Respond - July 20, 2022
- How one church is staying “Grounded” - June 28, 2022
- Some Celebrate, Some Vow to Fight Back: Spokane Responds to Reversal of Roe V. Wade - June 24, 2022
- I am learning that ‘being’ is more compelling than ‘doing’ - May 16, 2022
- A tribute to my source, and friend, Pastor Andy CastroLang, who will retire this year - April 18, 2022
- At Upcoming Hybrid Event Panelist Will Discuss “Separate Histories, Common Challenges” - February 23, 2022