Next week we'll celebrate Ash Wednesday, which is the practice of putting ashes on the foreheads of penitent believers as a reminder of their physical return to dust (“ashes to ashes”).
Spokane Faith & Values is compiling a list of Ash Wedesday services. Send your service times to firstname.lastname@example.org, or leave it in the comment section below.
Meanwhile, readers, we want to know: Are you planning on getting ashed on Feb. 13?
- Taking a Risk for Love - September 19, 2022
- VIDEO – Coffee Talk: Responding To Hate & Violence, Part 2 - August 7, 2022
- Now Hiring: Freelance Reporters - August 2, 2022
- Seeking Local Human Rights Champions - July 26, 2022
- Gonzaga offers $500 prize to person or organization countering hatred￼ - July 23, 2022
- VIDEO! Pop up Coffee Talk: Roe v Wade & Scotus – How my Faith Tells me to Respond - July 20, 2022
- How one church is staying “Grounded” - June 28, 2022
- Some Celebrate, Some Vow to Fight Back: Spokane Responds to Reversal of Roe V. Wade - June 24, 2022
- I am learning that ‘being’ is more compelling than ‘doing’ - May 16, 2022
- A tribute to my source, and friend, Pastor Andy CastroLang, who will retire this year - April 18, 2022