Lent, writer Kyle Franklin points out, “… is a time of reflecting on Jesus’ time in the desert, his eventual passion and subsequent death. Lent is a time of devotion to deeper understanding of both who God is in our lives and the ways we can best manifest beliefs in our lives.”
Rev. Tom Altepeter explains the history and traditions behind Lent here. He explains many Christians recognize Lent by fasting from something.
We're curious, are you fasting from something this Lenten season?
- Taking a Risk for Love - September 19, 2022
- VIDEO – Coffee Talk: Responding To Hate & Violence, Part 2 - August 7, 2022
- Now Hiring: Freelance Reporters - August 2, 2022
- Seeking Local Human Rights Champions - July 26, 2022
- Gonzaga offers $500 prize to person or organization countering hatred￼ - July 23, 2022
- VIDEO! Pop up Coffee Talk: Roe v Wade & Scotus – How my Faith Tells me to Respond - July 20, 2022
- How one church is staying “Grounded” - June 28, 2022
- Some Celebrate, Some Vow to Fight Back: Spokane Responds to Reversal of Roe V. Wade - June 24, 2022
- I am learning that ‘being’ is more compelling than ‘doing’ - May 16, 2022
- A tribute to my source, and friend, Pastor Andy CastroLang, who will retire this year - April 18, 2022