“I heard a Fly buzz -when I died -“
“What’s the buzz?
Tell me what’s a-happening.”
—from Jesus Christ Superstar
Are you the dead one
in perpetual disguise?—
(or in Perpetua’s guise?)—
the one in many (of her dreams)
who spoils the ointment?
Your fellow flies miss you
Having masqueraded with wings
your putrefaction awaits
beyond these blinds—
There’s deceptive light
you won’t mind. Simply
affix your little legs to the dark
Glass and let go. Matriculate
into all the Cosmos—why
and make disciples.
I think I saw you once being
by slave-descendants in America.
You strafed one in the pulpit
and he swallowed you whole.
- What “Packed Churches on Easter” Will Mean on April 12, 2020 - March 26, 2020
- The Virus of ‘American Exceptionalism’ Hampers Our Responsiveness - March 24, 2020
- The Coronavirus Is No Judgment But It May Not Hurt to Judge - March 4, 2020
- A Lenten Devotion: What’s Deceptive About Being Authentic - February 26, 2020
- “Strong Christians” Don’t Rhyme With “Stump” Speech - September 24, 2019
- Envisioning The Visual Arts—with Blood-Shot Eyes! - June 17, 2019
- The Spirituality of the Body Is A Weird Thing - May 19, 2019
- POEM: Resurrection Buzz - May 8, 2019
- In the Belly of Spokane’s Great Fish: How Interfaith Dialogue is Legitimate for Christians - January 31, 2019
- My FAVorite Present—A Calling into Question - January 6, 2019