It’s looking to be another agonistic Spokane City Council meeting tonight as pro-lifers and pro-choicers gear up to talk about the protestors that frequent the local Planned Parenthood.
In Spokane it’s illegal to block sidewalks and obstruct vehicular traffic, but it’s currently OK to block driveways. Anti-abortion demonstrators commonly block the driveway at Planned Parenthood and surround the area with megaphones and signs, according to witnesses.
At 6 p.m. tonight the council will deliberate an ordinance sponsored by Council Member Candace Mumm, which would prohibit protestors from blocking business driveways. Mumm explained that the ordinance applies to all business driveways, not just Planned Parenthood’s, though that’s a specific location frequented by protestors.
Conservative Council Member Mike Fagan said in The Inlander that he expects those opposing the ordinance to show up at tonight’s meeting, and Planned Parenthood of Greater Washington and North Idaho is calling for those who support the ordinance to come and show support.
Are you in favor of the ordinance? Why or why not?
- Coffee Talk: Restoring Trust - November 17, 2019
- Show Your Love for FāVS, Become a Member - November 14, 2019
- 50% off ads on SpokaneFāVS.com - November 12, 2019
- FAN Celebrates 2nd Annual Dinner in Spokane - November 3, 2019
- Survey Gives Insight Into Current American Values - October 21, 2019
- Orthodox Archbishop to Speak at Whitworth University - October 13, 2019
- VIDEO – Coffee Talk: Compassion in the Face of Crime and Homelessness - October 3, 2019
- Annual Compassion Games Kicks off This Month in Spokane - September 1, 2019
- Unity Churches To Celebrate Annual World Day of Prayer - August 29, 2019
- Two Faith Groups Call for Shea’s Resignation - August 23, 2019