Tomorrow, on the 50th anniversary of Rev. Martin Luther King Jr.’s speech “Beyond Vietnam: A Time to Break Silence,” the Peace & Justice Action League of Spokane will host a panel discussion on the violence King addressed.
At the event, guests can hear an excerpt of the speech, which will be followed by a panel discussion. Panelists are:
– Rev. Happy Watkins, New Hope Baptist Church
– Sandy Williams, Black Lens News
– Pastor Walter Kendricks, Morning Star Baptist Church, Ministerial Fellowship
It will be held at the PJALS headquarters, 35 W Main Ave. Doors open at 6:30 p.m. for refreshments and the program will begin at 7 p.m.
- FāVS Forward: Rev. Jim Murphy “Come and See” - August 7, 2020
- Video – Coffee Talk: The Power of Words - August 1, 2020
- FāVS Forward: Rev. Heather Tadlock “Holy Agitation” - July 25, 2020
- FāVS Forward: Liv Larson Andrews, “Beautiful Tension” - July 17, 2020
- Director of Quaker Retreat Center to be Digital Guest at Friends Church - July 13, 2020
- YWCA Spokane Calls for Women of Achievement Nominations - July 9, 2020
- VIDEO: Coffee Talk “The Value of Human Connection” - June 5, 2020
- Inslee Issues Guidelines for Resuming Religious Services in Spokane - May 28, 2020
- FāVS Forward Podcast: Rabbi Tamar Malino “Full Life Cycle” - May 22, 2020
- FāVS Forward Podcast: Pastor Joe Wittwer “When Life Gives You Lemons” - May 16, 2020