Tomorrow, on the 50th anniversary of Rev. Martin Luther King Jr.’s speech “Beyond Vietnam: A Time to Break Silence,” the Peace & Justice Action League of Spokane will host a panel discussion on the violence King addressed.
At the event, guests can hear an excerpt of the speech, which will be followed by a panel discussion. Panelists are:
– Rev. Happy Watkins, New Hope Baptist Church
– Sandy Williams, Black Lens News
– Pastor Walter Kendricks, Morning Star Baptist Church, Ministerial Fellowship
It will be held at the PJALS headquarters, 35 W Main Ave. Doors open at 6:30 p.m. for refreshments and the program will begin at 7 p.m.
- VIDEO: Coffee Talk “The Role of Holidays in Different Faith Traditions” - April 5, 2021
- “Celebrate Curiosity” Art Contest Open to Local Artists - March 28, 2021
- Rally To Be Held in Downtown Spokane Saturday “To Stop Asian Hate” - March 19, 2021
- FāVS Survey: 10 Questions To Helps Us Get to Know Our Readers - March 7, 2021
- The Fig Tree Benefits March 5 and 10 To Be Held Virtual - February 28, 2021
- Temple Beth Shalom Vandalized with Swastikas - February 8, 2021
- Top FāVS News and Commentary of 2020 - December 31, 2020
- Pandemic’s effects on religious life, liberty named No. 1 religion story of 2020 - December 17, 2020
- Spokane Clergy Plan to Commit to Year of Anti-Racist Work - September 15, 2020
- FāVS Online Social Coming up Sept. 10 - September 4, 2020