Today outside of City Hall, the Rev. Jim CastroLang will read a proclamation from local clergy supporting gay marriage.
“Today, I stand with 18 area religious leaders along with citizens and elected officials from the many neighborhoods of our city, who say to the Spokane City Council: vote yes for the Marriage Equality Resolution”, CastroLang said in a press release.
The proclamation will be read at the March for Marriage Equality, which begins at Westminster United Church of Christ at 5 p.m. and concludes at City Hall at 5:45 p.m.
The Inland Northwest Clergy for Inclusion is a new and growing group of religious leaders who will not rest until lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) people are greeted with full inclusion in all aspects of church and society, according to the release.
Pastor Deb Conklin from the Oak Tree Ministry says, “The Bible has been used as a weapon against LGBT people but the truth is the Bible is a book about God's Love and it affirms all faithful loving relationships — no exceptions. Marriage equality will allow more people to live in freedom, safety and to make commitments of love as God intended.”
Representatives of The Inland Northwest Clergy for Inclusion will testify at the council meeting.
Read the full proclamation here.
Jim CastroLang is a SpokaneFAVS contributor.
- Video – Coffee Talk: The Power of Words - August 1, 2020
- FāVS Forward: Rev. Heather Tadlock “Holy Agitation” - July 25, 2020
- FāVS Forward: Liv Larson Andrews, “Beautiful Tension” - July 17, 2020
- Director of Quaker Retreat Center to be Digital Guest at Friends Church - July 13, 2020
- YWCA Spokane Calls for Women of Achievement Nominations - July 9, 2020
- VIDEO: Coffee Talk “The Value of Human Connection” - June 5, 2020
- Inslee Issues Guidelines for Resuming Religious Services in Spokane - May 28, 2020
- FāVS Forward Podcast: Rabbi Tamar Malino “Full Life Cycle” - May 22, 2020
- FāVS Forward Podcast: Pastor Joe Wittwer “When Life Gives You Lemons” - May 16, 2020
- Thank you donors! - May 10, 2020