Today SpokaneFāVS hosted a forum on “Compassion in the Face of Crime and Homelessness.” About 40 people turned out the for discussion. View a video of the forum here.
- Rev. Andy CastroLang, who opened Westminster UCC as a warming shelter last year
- Mayoral candidate Ben Stuckart, who has made addressing homelessness a key issue in his campaign
- Phil Altmeyer, executive director of Union Gospel Mission, a Christian organization which ministers to the poor
- Edie Rice-Sauer, executive director of Transitions, which aims to end poverty and homelessness for women and children in Spokane.
Mayoral candidate Nadine Woodward did not respond to requests to participate on this panel.
Free coffee was be provided by Revel 77 Coffee.
Through your donation FāVS can continue hosting community events like this.[give_form id=”53376″ show_title=”true” display_style=”button”]
- Taking a Risk for Love - September 19, 2022
- VIDEO – Coffee Talk: Responding To Hate & Violence, Part 2 - August 7, 2022
- Now Hiring: Freelance Reporters - August 2, 2022
- Seeking Local Human Rights Champions - July 26, 2022
- Gonzaga offers $500 prize to person or organization countering hatred￼ - July 23, 2022
- VIDEO! Pop up Coffee Talk: Roe v Wade & Scotus – How my Faith Tells me to Respond - July 20, 2022
- How one church is staying “Grounded” - June 28, 2022
- Some Celebrate, Some Vow to Fight Back: Spokane Responds to Reversal of Roe V. Wade - June 24, 2022
- I am learning that ‘being’ is more compelling than ‘doing’ - May 16, 2022
- A tribute to my source, and friend, Pastor Andy CastroLang, who will retire this year - April 18, 2022