By Tracy Simmons
On Wednesday evening the SpokaneFAVS board of trustees held its first public meeting to re-cap the past year and to discuss the organization’s future plans.
The meeting began with attendees sharing how they and got involved with SpokaneFAVS, and what the site means to them. Meaningful discussions, interfaith enthusiasm, learning about Spokane’s houses of worship and events happening around town were some of the reasons cited.
Almost one year ago SpokaneFAVS split from its national partners at Religion News LLC and became an independent, local publication. In that year SpokaneFAVS has formed a board of trustees (currently serving as an advisory board), began the legal process of becoming a Spokane-based nonprofit organization, increased its number of writers (currently 53), has provided internships to local journalism students, has raised $14,000, re-designed its website and was named the best online niche publication in the country by the Local Media Association.
At the meeting the board called for volunteers, specifically for planning Coffee Talks, mixers, Faith Feast and Pub Theology, though volunteers are needed in many other areas as well.
SpokaneFAVS provides non-sectarian coverage of religion, spirituality and ethics in the Inland Northwest. We promote dialogue through online journalism and community engagement opportunities.
Suggestions included writing my journalistic articles, fundraising, spreading the word about SpokaneFAVS and much more (see image).
If you would like to help SpokaneFAVS grow, or would like to learn more about how to get involved in this organization, call (509) 240-1830 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- VIDEO: Coffee Talk “The Value of Human Connection” - June 5, 2020
- Inslee Issues Guidelines for Resuming Religious Services in Spokane - May 28, 2020
- FāVS Forward Podcast: Rabbi Tamar Malino “Full Life Cycle” - May 22, 2020
- FāVS Forward Podcast: Pastor Joe Wittwer “When Life Gives You Lemons” - May 16, 2020
- Thank you donors! - May 10, 2020
- FāVS Forward Podcast: A Hope-filled People - May 8, 2020
- PJALS to host Anti-Asian Racism: Bystander Intervention Training Tonight - May 6, 2020
- Show your love for FāVS on this #GivingNewsDay - May 5, 2020
- FāVS Forward Podcast: Reflections and Hope - May 2, 2020
- FāVS Forward Podcast: Children and Music First - April 25, 2020