Later this year The Cathedral of St. John the Evangelist will welcome a new dean to its parish.
A search committee from the church has been seeking a replacement for Dean Bill Ellis, who retired last June. The committee recently announced that the Rev. Heather VanDeventer has been selected as that replacement.
VanDeventer has been serving as associate rector at Christ Church in Alexandria, Virginia since 2011 and previously served at Episcopal High School in Alexandria and St. Augustine’s in Wilmette, Illinois. She is a graduate of Yale University and Seabury-Western Theological Seminary, according to a press release.
- Forum, Screening to Address Interfaith Dialogue - February 15, 2019
- SpokaneFāVS Introduces “Ask A Pagan” - February 12, 2019
- Vagina Monologues Coming to Gonzaga this Week - February 11, 2019
- Austin Channing Brown, a leading voice on racial justice, coming to Whitworth - February 4, 2019
- Discuss the Future of Interfaith at the Feb. 2 Coffee Talk - February 1, 2019
- Whitworth Introduces Women’s Leadership Network - January 28, 2019
- Activist Jackson Katz coming to Spokane to talk about “What It Means To Be A Strong Man” - January 22, 2019
- Gonzaga To Host Civil Rights Teach-In on MLK Day - January 15, 2019
- Will you participate in this year’s Spokane Women’s March? - January 2, 2019
- A community vigil, fighting Islamophobia and our “Ask” features were some of the top FāVS stories of 2018 - December 31, 2018