In September Chesterton Academy of Notre Dame, a new classical, Catholic high school, will open its doors in Spokane.
Established in July last year, the school is inspired by St. John Paul II and embraces the Cultura Vitae, or the culture of life. According to a press release, its mission is “to raise up a generation of joyful leaders and saints educated in the classical tradition and truths of the Catholic faith.”
Its faculty will include Matthew Powell, Ph.D, as its headmaster; David Mosely, Ph.D., and Claudia Kapusinski in the department of humanities; Cataldo Catholic School’s Elizabeth Lancaster and St. Augustine Parish’s director of religious education Ivana Ackermann in the department of fine arts; and Trinity Catholic School’s Michelle Oresky and former adjunct general officer in the U.S. Army, Jenn Decker, in the department of math and science.
“We are extremely blessed to welcome such a high caliber of faculty to Chesterton Academy in our inaugural year,” said Chirstopher Dewing, Ph.D., chair of the board of directors. “Each of these individuals brings breadth and depth of knowledge in their academic disciplines and sincere commitment to a Christian, faith-filled life.”
The school is a member of the Chesterton Schools Network, based in Minneapolis, and the first Chesterton Academy to open in Washington state. It is located on the campus of Cathedral of Our Lady of Lourdes in downtown Spokane and is accepting applications for the 2020-21 school year.
For more information go to http://chestertonacademyofnotredame.org.
- Annual Interfaith Pride Worship Service welcomes LGBTQ community members - June 5, 2022
- Nonprofit empowering local refugees and immigrants officially launches - May 28, 2022
- FPIW leader to step down, run for Secretary of State - May 22, 2022
- Faith and Films: The Night of the Hunter - April 30, 2022
- Episcopal Bishop Michael Curry To Preach at St. John’s Cathedral This Weekend, Workshops to Follow - April 27, 2022
- ‘We are praying non-stop’: Local churches support Ukraine with prayer and supplies - March 23, 2022
- Local barber blends Buddhism with cutting hair - March 13, 2022
- Gonzaga University art show to raise awareness to MMIW - March 3, 2022
- Spokane Jewish Film Fest Returns This Month - February 16, 2022
- The Afterlife: Redemption from Hell and entering Heaven￼ - February 13, 2022