Simmons, who considers himself a humanist and an atheist, is a long-time resident of Moscow, Idaho, where he is a board member of the Humanists of the Palouse and coordinator for its annual Darwin on the Palouse event.
For the past several years he has been closely involved in the secular movement in the Palouse region where he said he, “works to bring awareness of humanist values, science and skepticism to a relatively conservative part of the Inland Northwest.”
Read more about Simmons on the SpokaneFAVS writers page.
- YWCA Spokane Calls for Women of Achievement Nominations - July 9, 2020
- VIDEO: Coffee Talk “The Value of Human Connection” - June 5, 2020
- Inslee Issues Guidelines for Resuming Religious Services in Spokane - May 28, 2020
- FāVS Forward Podcast: Rabbi Tamar Malino “Full Life Cycle” - May 22, 2020
- FāVS Forward Podcast: Pastor Joe Wittwer “When Life Gives You Lemons” - May 16, 2020
- Thank you donors! - May 10, 2020
- FāVS Forward Podcast: A Hope-filled People - May 8, 2020
- PJALS to host Anti-Asian Racism: Bystander Intervention Training Tonight - May 6, 2020
- Show your love for FāVS on this #GivingNewsDay - May 5, 2020
- FāVS Forward Podcast: Reflections and Hope - May 2, 2020