Lutherhaven Ministries will hold a celebration on Aug. 28 in honor of its 70th anniversary. Lutherhaven plans to hold a day-long event celebrating the camp and the many activities it has to offer.
Lutherhaven Ministries is located in Northern Idaho near Lake Coeur d’Alene. A number of Lutheran churches in the Inland Northwest got together and built Lutherhaven in 1946.
Five ministries make up the campgrounds. Camp Lutherhaven was the first ministry, which gave Christian youth and families an opportunity to hold camping events. Shoshone Mountain Retreat began in 2009 and offered lodging for families and groups. Lutherhaven Day Camps take their ministries to churches and provide fun activities for children. Shoshone Creek Ranch provides families with an authentic western getaway. Idaho Servant Adventures works as a mission team, providing volunteer service to communities in need.
Lutherhaven has offered Christian summer camp experiences for 70 years by standing by their mission, inspired by Ephesians 2:8-10:
“For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God—not by works, so that no one can boast. For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.”
The celebration will be held on Lutherhaven campgrounds located at 3258 W Lutherhaven Rd. Coeur d’Alene, Idaho. The celebration will run from 10 a.m. through 4 p.m. and will offer many activities including a picnic, worship, concert and archery. Those wishing to attend must register online.
- GoodGuys men’s group works with YWCA to stop domestic violence - June 24, 2018
- Campaign calls for moral revival, informational meeting set for Saturday - April 26, 2018
- World Relief organizes 400-mile bike ride to raise money for refugees - April 15, 2018
- With grant, Whitworth aims to be spiritual renewal hub - February 5, 2018
- Real Life Ministries coming to South Hill - December 13, 2017
- Wellness Fair aims to keep church members healthy - October 24, 2017
- Green Bluff Renaissance Faire raises money for Second Harvest - October 12, 2017
- Local clergy say pope’s move to allow priests to forgive abortion is an example of mercy, grace - December 27, 2016
- Spokane Police Department Partners with Gonzaga on Culture Audit - August 10, 2016
- Organizations help feed Spokane’s youth during summer months - August 3, 2016