About 300 Republicans are expected to watch the election at The Davenport tonight.
As of 7 p.m. over 100 guests had already showed up, feeling optimistic that America would vote red.
“I would hope the American public has awakened to the realities of what a second term of an Obama presidency would mean to the demise of this country, this constitution, this way of life, the liberties we enjoy under the constitution, primarily the 1st and 2nd Amendments,” said Marilynn Huff, of Veradale.
Though hopeful, she said she was still nervous about how the night would go.
“We have a very uneducated population in this country,” she said. “They would rather receive the fish than learn how to fish.”
Dressed in red, white and blue and glancing nervously up at one of the four screens showing live election results she said, “We need this.”
By 7:30 p.m. Mitt Romney had 163 electoral votes and Obama had 162.
For more photos of the Republican party visit our Facebook page.
- Spokane Retreat Center Offers Post-Christmas Day of Recollection - January 2, 2022
- Supporting Our Reporters: Meet Loren Negron - December 5, 2021
- VIDEO: Coffee Talk — The State of Religion Reporting Today - December 4, 2021
- Spokane Valley Vigil to be Held in Response to Rittenhouse Verdict - November 29, 2021
- A new aspect of the Tarot boom: Diversity in the deck - November 13, 2021
- The Lands Council To Host SpoCanopy Community Tree Planting Event - October 10, 2021
- Gonzaga Report on Catholic Sexual Abuse Crisis Recommends Next Steps, Path Forward for Healing and Justice - September 4, 2021
- We Believe We Vote Bringing Gov. Mike Huckabee to Spokane - August 29, 2021
- Former U.S. Secretary of State Madeleine Albright to speak at Whitworth University’s President’s Leadership Forum - August 21, 2021
- Saturday Coffee Talk to be on Understanding Prayer - August 6, 2021