By Hannah McCollum
The 55th annual Spokane Leadership Prayer Breakfast will take place on May 4 at the DoubleTree Hotel in downtown Spokane, from 7 to 8:30 a.m. This event is organized by Leadership Northwest Spokane, a team of volunteers from “a diverse cross section of Christ centered churches, businesses and organizations.” The annual prayer breakfast is a time for community members to come together to pray for the city of Spokane and its leaders.
The mission of the prayer breakfast is focused on seeking God and praying for the Spokane community:
We gather together to seek God and to pray for leaders who serve our communities.
We intentionally lay down our differences in order to ask the Living God, in one collective voice, to bless our region.
In the Spirit of Jesus Christ, we will turn away from the actions and the attitude that either separate us from the Living God or divide our communities. We will actively pursue reconciliation.
This year’s keynote speaker will be Joe Wittwer, the lead pastor at Life Center. His message is titled “Gracism: the Art of Inclusion” and is based on Ephesians 2:14-22.
Tickets are $35 when purchased before April 27, and $45 after the early registration deadline.
- 19 lay-people to receive Buddhist names this Sunday - December 9, 2017
- All invited to Sharing the Dharma Day and vigil for victims of gun violence, Dec. 10 - December 5, 2017
- Whitworth choir to perform Christmas concert in Spokane - December 3, 2017
- Mini-retreat on the Spiritual Exercises to be held Dec. 2 at Gonzaga Prep - November 28, 2017
- Immaculate Heart Retreat Center hosts day of prayer and retreats for Advent - November 19, 2017
- Volunteers needed at Sravasti Abbey - November 8, 2017
- MercyMe’s new album, “Lifer” offers something for everyone - October 26, 2017
- Professor Torrie Hester to give lecture on deportation and immigration at Gonzaga, Oct. 10 - October 8, 2017
- Art festival features poets Christopher Howell and Laura Read, Oct. 7 - October 5, 2017
- Free chamber music concert Sunday, Oct. 1 - September 26, 2017