This month President Russell M. Nelson of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints announced that eight new temples would be built across the globe, including one in Moses Lake.
It will be the fourth temple in Washington. The others are in Spokane, Bellevue and Richland. According to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints there are about 290,000 Latter-day Saints throughout the state.
Ryan Tolley, stake president in Moses Lake, said there are more than 4,000 Latter-day Saints in Moses Lake, which is a city of about 23,300.
“All the temples are pretty busy, especially the one in Tri-Cities, that’s the one the people in Moses Lake go to. It’s filled to capacity,” he said. “There’s clearly a need.”
He said a location for the new temple has yet to be decided, as well a construction date.
You can help support more news coverage like this by making a tax deductible donation below.
- Video: Restoring Trust Coffee Talk Forum - December 7, 2019
- Coffee Talk: Restoring Trust - December 6, 2019
- Raising Money for More Religion Reporting in 2020 - December 3, 2019
- Our History Is the Future: Lakota Historian Nick Estes on Thanksgiving & Indigenous Resistance - November 30, 2019
- Sravasti Abbey invites community for Sharing the Dharma Day - November 24, 2019
- Forum this week to focus on responding to white supremacy - November 19, 2019
- Show Your Love for FāVS, Become a Member - November 14, 2019
- 50% off ads on SpokaneFāVS.com - November 12, 2019
- FAN Celebrates 2nd Annual Dinner in Spokane - November 3, 2019
- Survey Gives Insight Into Current American Values - October 21, 2019