This month President Russell M. Nelson of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints announced that eight new temples would be built across the globe, including one in Moses Lake.
It will be the fourth temple in Washington. The others are in Spokane, Bellevue and Richland. According to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints there are about 290,000 Latter-day Saints throughout the state.
Ryan Tolley, stake president in Moses Lake, said there are more than 4,000 Latter-day Saints in Moses Lake, which is a city of about 23,300.
“All the temples are pretty busy, especially the one in Tri-Cities, that’s the one the people in Moses Lake go to. It’s filled to capacity,” he said. “There’s clearly a need.”
He said a location for the new temple has yet to be decided, as well a construction date.
You can help support more news coverage like this by making a tax deductible donation below.
- Q&A: Council President Candidates Answer Questions About Faith, Ethics - August 2, 2019
- FāVS Coffee Talk Aug. 3 To Address Refugees in Spokane - August 2, 2019
- POEM: Mother Earth - July 22, 2019
- Come See FāVS Center — Spokane’s New Interfaith Community Center — At June 22 Open House - June 21, 2019
- VIDEO: Stewardship and FāVS Center - May 28, 2019
- VIDEO: Update on FāVS Center - May 23, 2019
- Final Phase of Funding Needed to Open Interfaith Center in Spokane - May 21, 2019
- Group plans to protest abortion-ban today in downtown Spokane - May 21, 2019
- YWCA Spokane Calls for 2019 Women of Achievement Nominations - May 18, 2019
- Vigil Tuesday aims to “Heal Spokane Valley’s Image” - May 13, 2019