This month President Russell M. Nelson of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints announced that eight new temples would be built across the globe, including one in Moses Lake.
It will be the fourth temple in Washington. The others are in Spokane, Bellevue and Richland. According to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints there are about 290,000 Latter-day Saints throughout the state.
Ryan Tolley, stake president in Moses Lake, said there are more than 4,000 Latter-day Saints in Moses Lake, which is a city of about 23,300.
“All the temples are pretty busy, especially the one in Tri-Cities, that’s the one the people in Moses Lake go to. It’s filled to capacity,” he said. “There’s clearly a need.”
He said a location for the new temple has yet to be decided, as well a construction date.
You can help support more news coverage like this by making a tax deductible donation below.[give_form id=”53376″ show_title=”true” display_style=”button”]
- “Celebrate Curiosity” Art Contest Deadline Approaching May 12 - May 8, 2021
- Take This FāVS Survey & You Could Win a FāVS T-Shirt - April 23, 2021
- VIDEO: Coffee Talk “The Role of Holidays in Different Faith Traditions” - April 5, 2021
- Rally To Be Held in Downtown Spokane Saturday “To Stop Asian Hate” - March 19, 2021
- The Fig Tree Benefits March 5 and 10 To Be Held Virtual - February 28, 2021
- Temple Beth Shalom Vandalized with Swastikas - February 8, 2021
- Top FāVS News and Commentary of 2020 - December 31, 2020
- Pandemic’s effects on religious life, liberty named No. 1 religion story of 2020 - December 17, 2020
- Spokane Clergy Plan to Commit to Year of Anti-Racist Work - September 15, 2020
- FāVS Online Social Coming up Sept. 10 - September 4, 2020