Members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints will be gathering together around the world this weekend, starting Saturday, for the 182nd Semiannual General Conference of the Church.
Speakers will include the president of the church and members of the church leadership including the quorum of the 12.
Everyone, including those not members of the church, are invited to listen or watch online or visit a local “stake” center building where a satellite broadcast will be held.
Four sessions of conferences are held this weekend, and they last for two hours each — Saturday at 9 a.m, 1 p.m., and Sunday at 9 a.m. and 1 p.m.
President Thomas S. Monson and the quorum of the 12 have extended and invitation for all to watch or listen to this live event. You can watch all of conference live online at gc.lds.org or byutv.org.
Two conferences are held each year one in October and one in April at the Conference center in Salt Lake City and tare hen translated and broadcast throughout the world.
General Conference is viewed by members as a special event and many look forward to it in anticipation each year holding gatherings in homes and buildings across the world.
Past Conferences are archived and can be viewed now at www.lds.org
- The benefits of arts and science - July 19, 2013
- Make healthy choices in 2013 - January 23, 2013
- LDS General Conference to take place this weekend - October 5, 2012
- What Mitt Romeny may or may not believe about America, part 3 - June 21, 2012
- What Mitt Romeny may or may not believe about America, part 2 - May 7, 2012
- What Mitt Romney may or may not believe about America - April 20, 2012
- Understanding reverence - March 28, 2012