Latina Community Members to Share Their Stories This Week at Pullman Church
On Thursday evening, three local Latina women will share their stories, followed by discussion and dialogue with the audience, at Community Congregational United Church of Christ in Pullman.
The event is part of the Neighbors in Dialogue series and will be held Thursday, (March 10) at 6:30 p.m., at Community Congregational UCC, 525 Campus St. in Pullman. It will also be available on Zoom. Virtual attendees are asked to register.
The speakers are Marena Guzman, PhD candidate in Molecular Biosciences at WSU and advisor for the Crimson Group (WSU student organization for undocumented students & allies); Sonia López-López, assistant professor of Spanish at WSU and Lucila (Luci) Loera-Herrera, executive director, Office for Access & Opportunity at WSU.
The first presentation in the series was held in June, 2021 at Sacred Heart Church.
This event is sponsored by Sacred Heart Social Justice Ministry and the Justice and Witness Team at Community Congregational United Church of Christ, with the purpose of listening to various members of our community and breaking down barriers of misunderstanding, according to a press release.
- VIDEO: Coffee Talk on Building Dialogue, Hate & Violence - June 13, 2022
- Coffee Talk: Building Dialogue for Justice in Response to Hate & Violence - June 6, 2022
- Pastoral Letter: Uvalde, Texas - May 29, 2022
- How a Lawyer from Kharkiv Now Leads a 100-Person Humanitarian Aid Camp - May 21, 2022
- Episcopal Church Presiding Bishop, Michael Curry, to Visit Spokane - April 13, 2022
- YWCA Spokane Announces Stand Against Racism 2022 - April 7, 2022
- VIDEO: Coffee Talk on Ukraine, Democracy - April 1, 2022
- FāVS Writers – Simmons & Benefield – To Speak at Veradale UCC for Lenten Series on Communicating with Religious Right - March 25, 2022
- Latina Community Members to Share Their Stories This Week at Pullman Church - March 9, 2022
- Faith Leaders Condemn Upcoming Aryan Nations Gathering at Hayden Lake - March 5, 2022