View Video of Saturday’s Coffee Talk.
Quarantine and social distancing has caused many of us to realize how much we miss our face-to-face communities.
FāVS panelists held a discussion on the value of human connection at this digital Coffee Talk on Saturday (June 6) via Zoom.
- Ven. Thubten Nyima from Sravasti Abbey who wrote, “The Human Connection: Kindness and Interdependence.”
- Rev. Martin Elfert – an Episcopal priest in Portland who wrote, “Categorize Things, Not People.”
- Nick Damascus – our Ask An Eastern Orthodox Christian writer.
- Patty Bruininks, a professor of Psychology at Whitworth and FāVS columnist.
We can’t pass the basket like we normally do at Coffee Talks, but hope you’ll consider donating anyway.
- VIDEO: Coffee Talk “The Role of Holidays in Different Faith Traditions” - April 5, 2021
- “Celebrate Curiosity” Art Contest Open to Local Artists - March 28, 2021
- Rally To Be Held in Downtown Spokane Saturday “To Stop Asian Hate” - March 19, 2021
- FāVS Survey: 10 Questions To Helps Us Get to Know Our Readers - March 7, 2021
- The Fig Tree Benefits March 5 and 10 To Be Held Virtual - February 28, 2021
- Temple Beth Shalom Vandalized with Swastikas - February 8, 2021
- Top FāVS News and Commentary of 2020 - December 31, 2020
- Pandemic’s effects on religious life, liberty named No. 1 religion story of 2020 - December 17, 2020
- Spokane Clergy Plan to Commit to Year of Anti-Racist Work - September 15, 2020
- FāVS Online Social Coming up Sept. 10 - September 4, 2020