View Video of Saturday’s Coffee Talk.
Quarantine and social distancing has caused many of us to realize how much we miss our face-to-face communities.
FāVS panelists held a discussion on the value of human connection at this digital Coffee Talk on Saturday (June 6) via Zoom.
- Ven. Thubten Nyima from Sravasti Abbey who wrote, “The Human Connection: Kindness and Interdependence.”
- Rev. Martin Elfert – an Episcopal priest in Portland who wrote, “Categorize Things, Not People.”
- Nick Damascus – our Ask An Eastern Orthodox Christian writer.
- Patty Bruininks, a professor of Psychology at Whitworth and FāVS columnist.
We can’t pass the basket like we normally do at Coffee Talks, but hope you’ll consider donating anyway.
- Gonzaga Report on Catholic Sexual Abuse Crisis Recommends Next Steps, Path Forward for Healing and Justice - September 4, 2021
- We Believe We Vote Bringing Gov. Mike Huckabee to Spokane - August 29, 2021
- Former U.S. Secretary of State Madeleine Albright to speak at Whitworth University’s President’s Leadership Forum - August 21, 2021
- Saturday Coffee Talk to be on Understanding Prayer - August 6, 2021
- $5 Million Grant Will Fund Research on How Pandemic Has Impacted Congregations - July 28, 2021
- Spokane City Council to Host Discussion on State of Immigrants and Refugees in Spokane - July 21, 2021
- YWCA Spokane to Present Roundtable Discussion: Kids, Caregivers, COVID & Trauma - July 18, 2021
- Nominations open for Eva Lassman Take Action Against Hate Awards - July 12, 2021
- Video: Coffee Talk on Faith and Technology - June 5, 2021
- “Celebrate Curiosity” Art Contest Deadline Approaching May 12 - May 8, 2021