Since there has been an uptick in racist vandalism and hate speech in the past few months, SpokaneFāVS will be hosting a Coffee Talk discussion this month on “Unlearning Hate.”
The forum will be today (Oct. 7) at 10 a.m. at Saranac Commons, 19 W. Main Ave.
- Megan Caroll, who wrote, “Since election anti-Semitic and racist vandalism has plagued region” and “Writing about hate is heavy, but enlightening”
- Neal Schindler, who wrote, “Ask A Jew: Is it worth arguing with a Holocaust denier?” and “Ask A Jew: Pushing back against hateful stereotypes“
- Guest panelist Ben Faulkner, who wrote, “Unlearning hate“
- Guest panelist Kristine Hoover, of the upcoming International Conference on Hate Studies
All are welcome to attend this community discussion.
You can help support Coffee Talks with your tax deductible donation.
- Coffee Talk: How the Faith Community Should Respond to Mental Health - March 24, 2018
- FāVS is having an Easter sale - March 20, 2018
- Visit other FāVS readers and writers at this month’s mixer - March 18, 2018
- Retreat Center offers Holy Week Retreats - March 7, 2018
- Upcoming lecture at Gonzaga to address Christian ethics and immigration - February 21, 2018
- Gonzaga Lecture: Is this Global Warming? - February 11, 2018
- A First in America: Buddhist Master Teacher coming to Sravasti for historic trainining - January 21, 2018
- Spokane Women’s March ready for second year - January 13, 2018
- Retreat examines how to love people who bug you - January 7, 2018
- FāVS year in review: Hate groups, Women’s March, “Abortion isn’t Simple” - December 31, 2017