Since there has been an uptick in racist vandalism and hate speech in the past few months, SpokaneFāVS will be hosting a Coffee Talk discussion this month on “Unlearning Hate.”
The forum will be today (Oct. 7) at 10 a.m. at Saranac Commons, 19 W. Main Ave.
- Megan Caroll, who wrote, “Since election anti-Semitic and racist vandalism has plagued region” and “Writing about hate is heavy, but enlightening”
- Neal Schindler, who wrote, “Ask A Jew: Is it worth arguing with a Holocaust denier?” and “Ask A Jew: Pushing back against hateful stereotypes“
- Guest panelist Ben Faulkner, who wrote, “Unlearning hate“
- Guest panelist Kristine Hoover, of the upcoming International Conference on Hate Studies
All are welcome to attend this community discussion.
You can help support Coffee Talks with your tax deductible donation.
- Coffee Talk: Restoring Trust - December 6, 2019
- Raising Money for More Religion Reporting in 2020 - December 3, 2019
- Our History Is the Future: Lakota Historian Nick Estes on Thanksgiving & Indigenous Resistance - November 30, 2019
- Sravasti Abbey invites community for Sharing the Dharma Day - November 24, 2019
- Forum this week to focus on responding to white supremacy - November 19, 2019
- Show Your Love for FāVS, Become a Member - November 14, 2019
- 50% off ads on SpokaneFāVS.com - November 12, 2019
- FAN Celebrates 2nd Annual Dinner in Spokane - November 3, 2019
- Survey Gives Insight Into Current American Values - October 21, 2019
- Orthodox Archbishop to Speak at Whitworth University - October 13, 2019