Since there has been an uptick in racist vandalism and hate speech in the past few months, SpokaneFāVS will be hosting a Coffee Talk discussion this month on “Unlearning Hate.”
The forum will be today (Oct. 7) at 10 a.m. at Saranac Commons, 19 W. Main Ave.
- Megan Caroll, who wrote, “Since election anti-Semitic and racist vandalism has plagued region” and “Writing about hate is heavy, but enlightening”
- Neal Schindler, who wrote, “Ask A Jew: Is it worth arguing with a Holocaust denier?” and “Ask A Jew: Pushing back against hateful stereotypes“
- Guest panelist Ben Faulkner, who wrote, “Unlearning hate“
- Guest panelist Kristine Hoover, of the upcoming International Conference on Hate Studies
All are welcome to attend this community discussion.
You can help support Coffee Talks with your tax deductible donation.
- SpokaneFāVS Presents: Ask A Catholic - December 12, 2018
- December Coffee Talk: Breaking Out of Your Echo Chambers - November 30, 2018
- Journey To Bethlehem Takes Place This Weekend on South Hill - November 28, 2018
- Support FāVS, local journalism this #GivingTuesday - November 25, 2018
- Spokane Indian Community organizes Diwali Celebration - November 23, 2018
- City continues work on network of Warming Centers - November 19, 2018
- Consider Advertising With FāVS, reach a targeted, loyal audience - November 13, 2018
- Salvation Army of Spokane kicks off holiday support programs - November 11, 2018
- POLL: The votes are in – What’s your reaction? - November 7, 2018
- A Washington state lawmaker’s notes on ‘biblical’ war threaten his re-election bid - November 5, 2018