Later this month Immaculate Heart Retreat Center will present, “How Saint Nicholas became Santa Claus,” a spiritual discussion for kids, parents and grandparents.
The event, “Cocoa and Contemplation” (normally called Coffee and Contemplation) will be lead by Deacon Tom Heavey.
According to an announcement, “The jolly magical Christmas figure we know as Santa Claus has a basis in the life of a real saint carried down through history.”
The event will includes cookies, games, projects, a talk with “St. Nick” and photos with Santa.
It will be Dec. 21 from 9-11 a.m. Cost is $10, kids under 7 years old are free.
For information or to register call 509-448-1224.
- FāVS is having an Easter sale - March 20, 2018
- Visit other FāVS readers and writers at this month’s mixer - March 18, 2018
- Retreat Center offers Holy Week Retreats - March 7, 2018
- Upcoming lecture at Gonzaga to address Christian ethics and immigration - February 21, 2018
- Gonzaga Lecture: Is this Global Warming? - February 11, 2018
- A First in America: Buddhist Master Teacher coming to Sravasti for historic trainining - January 21, 2018
- Spokane Women’s March ready for second year - January 13, 2018
- Retreat examines how to love people who bug you - January 7, 2018
- FāVS year in review: Hate groups, Women’s March, “Abortion isn’t Simple” - December 31, 2017
- Local Baha’is to meet monthly in 2018 - December 29, 2017