On Jan. 11 Lutheran Community Services Northwest will join in the national movement to protest human trafficking by holding a candlelight vigil at River Park Square Mall.
According to the organization, there are 27 million people enslaved worldwide. Jan. 11 is Human Trafficking Awareness Day and groups have been coming together on this day to bring attention to the issue since 2007.
An art walkthough with the theme “hope” will precede the vigil at 2:30 p.m. and the candlelight vigil will begin at 3 p.m.
For information call (509) 343-5091.
- Taking a Risk for Love - September 19, 2022
- VIDEO – Coffee Talk: Responding To Hate & Violence, Part 2 - August 7, 2022
- Now Hiring: Freelance Reporters - August 2, 2022
- Seeking Local Human Rights Champions - July 26, 2022
- Gonzaga offers $500 prize to person or organization countering hatred￼ - July 23, 2022
- VIDEO! Pop up Coffee Talk: Roe v Wade & Scotus – How my Faith Tells me to Respond - July 20, 2022
- How one church is staying “Grounded” - June 28, 2022
- Some Celebrate, Some Vow to Fight Back: Spokane Responds to Reversal of Roe V. Wade - June 24, 2022
- I am learning that ‘being’ is more compelling than ‘doing’ - May 16, 2022
- A tribute to my source, and friend, Pastor Andy CastroLang, who will retire this year - April 18, 2022