The members of the Spokane Hindu Temple & Cultural Center will be hosting a Holi celebration at the FāVS Center on Sunday, March 8, from 11 a.m.-1 p.m., and they want the greater Spokane community to come celebrate it with them.
Holi is popularly known as the Festival of Colors and is one of the major Hindu festivals celebrated across India and Nepal. It signifies the victory of superior over immoral, of good over evil.
“It’s a festival of joy and hope, and, that no matter what, there is always light after darkness,” said Himani Agrawal an executive officer of the SHTCC. “It’s also a festival of change in season. We want to celebrate hope, joy, and change of season with the whole community, who are our extended family.”
The event will include free, homemade Indian food, a brief performance by the youth explaining the holiday, two cultural dances, and then guests will be asked to move outside for “throwing of the colors.”
“The FāVS Center is excited to host this sacred and cultural event,” said Tracy Simmons, the center’s executive director. “It fits perfectly with our mission to bring people together to educate them about the belief systems that make up our community.”
Space is limited to 125 people (because of food) so guests are asked to RSVP by March 2 at https://www.shtcc.org/events. The event is free, but $5 donations are requested for packets of colors.
To add more fun to the celebration, water balloons and water blasters will be available for fundraising during the event.
Interested in renting the FāVS Center for your event? Email email@example.com!
- Interfaith Champion Tracy Simmons Wins First Place in Pivot Spokane Storytelling Contest - May 28, 2020
- FāVS Win CARES Act Grant from Humanities Washington & the National Endowment for the Humanities - May 19, 2020
- Spokane Community Steps Up to Lessen Burdens Due to COVID-19 Restrictions - March 14, 2020
- Hindu Community To Celebrate Holi at FāVS Center March 8 - February 26, 2020
- Upcoming breakfast to raise funds for anti-trafficking ministry - February 21, 2020
- Conflicting Causes Surrounding Abortion Bring Their Annual Events to Riverfront Park on the Same Day - January 17, 2020
- Spokane Holiday Celebrations Outside the “Traditional” Box - December 13, 2019
- Grace is the Antidote of Distrust and Division - December 4, 2019
- New Memoir by Former Member of Westboro Baptist Church Is a Surprisingly Beautiful Love Story - November 20, 2019
- Joshua and the Battle of Jericho—Did it Happen as the Bible Records? - October 29, 2019