A rally will take place in downtown Spokane today as part of the Stop the Bans National Day of Action.
NARAL Pro-Choice WA, Planned Parenthood of Greater Washington and
North Idaho (PPGWNI), Raiz of PPGWNI, Women+s March on Spokane, and SpokaneIndivisble will be joining groups across the country in protesting a wave of laws recently passed by states in to severely restrict access to abortions.
“This day of action comes at a critical juncture in the fight for
reproductive freedom and justice, as anti-choice politicians push laws infringing on personal decisions that should be left to women and their doctors,” an announcement about the event reads. “Compounded by Donald Trump’s stacking of the Supreme Court and federal judiciary with justices who are hostile to Roe v. Wade this issue will affect future generations to come.”
The event, titled Stand Up, Speak Up for Reproductive Freedom, will take place at the Spokane Tribal Gathering Place on North Post Street at 5:15 p.m.
- VIDEO – Coffee Talk: Responding To Hate & Violence, Part 2 - August 7, 2022
- Now Hiring: Freelance Reporters - August 2, 2022
- Seeking Local Human Rights Champions - July 26, 2022
- Gonzaga offers $500 prize to person or organization countering hatred￼ - July 23, 2022
- VIDEO! Pop up Coffee Talk: Roe v Wade & Scotus – How my Faith Tells me to Respond - July 20, 2022
- How one church is staying “Grounded” - June 28, 2022
- Some Celebrate, Some Vow to Fight Back: Spokane Responds to Reversal of Roe V. Wade - June 24, 2022
- I am learning that ‘being’ is more compelling than ‘doing’ - May 16, 2022
- A tribute to my source, and friend, Pastor Andy CastroLang, who will retire this year - April 18, 2022
- At Upcoming Hybrid Event Panelist Will Discuss “Separate Histories, Common Challenges” - February 23, 2022