A rally will take place in downtown Spokane today as part of the Stop the Bans National Day of Action.
NARAL Pro-Choice WA, Planned Parenthood of Greater Washington and
North Idaho (PPGWNI), Raiz of PPGWNI, Women+s March on Spokane, and SpokaneIndivisble will be joining groups across the country in protesting a wave of laws recently passed by states in to severely restrict access to abortions.
“This day of action comes at a critical juncture in the fight for
reproductive freedom and justice, as anti-choice politicians push laws infringing on personal decisions that should be left to women and their doctors,” an announcement about the event reads. “Compounded by Donald Trump’s stacking of the Supreme Court and federal judiciary with justices who are hostile to Roe v. Wade this issue will affect future generations to come.”
The event, titled Stand Up, Speak Up for Reproductive Freedom, will take place at the Spokane Tribal Gathering Place on North Post Street at 5:15 p.m.
- Video: Restoring Trust Coffee Talk Forum - December 7, 2019
- Coffee Talk: Restoring Trust - December 6, 2019
- Raising Money for More Religion Reporting in 2020 - December 3, 2019
- Our History Is the Future: Lakota Historian Nick Estes on Thanksgiving & Indigenous Resistance - November 30, 2019
- Sravasti Abbey invites community for Sharing the Dharma Day - November 24, 2019
- Forum this week to focus on responding to white supremacy - November 19, 2019
- Show Your Love for FāVS, Become a Member - November 14, 2019
- 50% off ads on SpokaneFāVS.com - November 12, 2019
- FAN Celebrates 2nd Annual Dinner in Spokane - November 3, 2019
- Survey Gives Insight Into Current American Values - October 21, 2019