A rally will take place in downtown Spokane today as part of the Stop the Bans National Day of Action.
NARAL Pro-Choice WA, Planned Parenthood of Greater Washington and
North Idaho (PPGWNI), Raiz of PPGWNI, Women+s March on Spokane, and SpokaneIndivisble will be joining groups across the country in protesting a wave of laws recently passed by states in to severely restrict access to abortions.
“This day of action comes at a critical juncture in the fight for
reproductive freedom and justice, as anti-choice politicians push laws infringing on personal decisions that should be left to women and their doctors,” an announcement about the event reads. “Compounded by Donald Trump’s stacking of the Supreme Court and federal judiciary with justices who are hostile to Roe v. Wade this issue will affect future generations to come.”
The event, titled Stand Up, Speak Up for Reproductive Freedom, will take place at the Spokane Tribal Gathering Place on North Post Street at 5:15 p.m.
- Q&A: Council President Candidates Answer Questions About Faith, Ethics - August 2, 2019
- FāVS Coffee Talk Aug. 3 To Address Refugees in Spokane - August 2, 2019
- POEM: Mother Earth - July 22, 2019
- Come See FāVS Center — Spokane’s New Interfaith Community Center — At June 22 Open House - June 21, 2019
- VIDEO: Stewardship and FāVS Center - May 28, 2019
- VIDEO: Update on FāVS Center - May 23, 2019
- Final Phase of Funding Needed to Open Interfaith Center in Spokane - May 21, 2019
- Group plans to protest abortion-ban today in downtown Spokane - May 21, 2019
- YWCA Spokane Calls for 2019 Women of Achievement Nominations - May 18, 2019
- Vigil Tuesday aims to “Heal Spokane Valley’s Image” - May 13, 2019