On Oct. 24, dozens of anti-abortion Christians are planning to gather outside the new Planned Parenthood building on Indiana to dedicate a church plant that will operate on the sidewalks in front of the center, according to numerous posts circulating on social media.
According to the posts, members from various Spokane churches have signed up to regularly minister to those seeking Planned Parenthood services, and the sponsoring church is Covenant Church Spokane.
The October event, which will be at 5:45 p.m. (Oct. 24), is based on Church Arise: Operation Save Spokane, which took place in August and was part of a national movement. There, about 60-70 protestors picketed the facility and handed out anti-LGBT literature, according to the Spokesman-Review.
The August event and upcoming October event are organized by the Abolitionist Society of Eastern Washington, which aims to abolish abortion.
- Group plans to dedicate church on streets outside Planned Parenthood - September 15, 2018
- Upcoming retreat to focus on anxiety, trauma - September 8, 2018
- Tibetan Master to Visit North Idaho College - September 5, 2018
- Compassion Games kicking off Sept. 9 in Spokane - September 3, 2018
- YWCA Spokane Announces 2018 Women of Achievement Honorees - August 23, 2018
- Christian comedian coming to Life Center - August 20, 2018
- Spokane Buddhist Temple Presents Seminar on Finding Meaning, Happiness - August 17, 2018
- Sale: Reach 25,000 like-minded readers on SpokaneFāVS.com - August 14, 2018
- Retreat teaches participants how to live as monk - August 10, 2018
- Casting Crowns to perform Christmas Concert in Spokane - August 4, 2018