On Oct. 24, dozens of anti-abortion Christians are planning to gather outside the new Planned Parenthood building on Indiana to dedicate a church plant that will operate on the sidewalks in front of the center, according to numerous posts circulating on social media.
According to the posts, members from various Spokane churches have signed up to regularly minister to those seeking Planned Parenthood services, and the sponsoring church is Covenant Church Spokane.
The October event, which will be at 5:45 p.m. (Oct. 24), is based on Church Arise: Operation Save Spokane, which took place in August and was part of a national movement. There, about 60-70 protestors picketed the facility and handed out anti-LGBT literature, according to the Spokesman-Review.
The August event and upcoming October event are organized by the Abolitionist Society of Eastern Washington, which aims to abolish abortion.
- City continues work on network of Warming Centers - November 19, 2018
- December Coffee Talk: Breaking Out of Your Echo Chambers - November 15, 2018
- Consider Advertising With FāVS, reach a targeted, loyal audience - November 13, 2018
- Salvation Army of Spokane kicks off holiday support programs - November 11, 2018
- POLL: The votes are in – What’s your reaction? - November 7, 2018
- A Washington state lawmaker’s notes on ‘biblical’ war threaten his re-election bid - November 5, 2018
- Faith Action Network to hold fundraiser this month at Glover Mansion - November 4, 2018
- Spokane gathers with Jewish community to honor synagogue shooting victims - October 30, 2018
- Community Vigil to be held Tuesday in response to Synagogue shooting - October 28, 2018
- Spokane Chefs Partner with Feed the Children to Help End Childhood Hunger - October 26, 2018