On Oct. 24, dozens of anti-abortion Christians are planning to gather outside the new Planned Parenthood building on Indiana to dedicate a church plant that will operate on the sidewalks in front of the center, according to numerous posts circulating on social media.
According to the posts, members from various Spokane churches have signed up to regularly minister to those seeking Planned Parenthood services, and the sponsoring church is Covenant Church Spokane.
The October event, which will be at 5:45 p.m. (Oct. 24), is based on Church Arise: Operation Save Spokane, which took place in August and was part of a national movement. There, about 60-70 protestors picketed the facility and handed out anti-LGBT literature, according to the Spokesman-Review.
The August event and upcoming October event are organized by the Abolitionist Society of Eastern Washington, which aims to abolish abortion.
- Gonzaga To Host Civil Rights Teach-In on MLK Day - January 15, 2019
- Pulling Equal Weight: These Numbers Didn’t Lie - January 14, 2019
- Discuss the Future of Interfaith at the Feb. 2 Coffee Talk - January 12, 2019
- Will you participate in this year’s Spokane Women’s March? - January 2, 2019
- A community vigil, fighting Islamophobia and our “Ask” features were some of the top FāVS stories of 2018 - December 31, 2018
- SpokaneFāVS Presents: Ask A Catholic - December 12, 2018
- December Coffee Talk: Breaking Out of Your Echo Chambers - November 30, 2018
- Journey To Bethlehem Takes Place This Weekend on South Hill - November 28, 2018
- Support FāVS, local journalism this #GivingTuesday - November 25, 2018
- Spokane Indian Community organizes Diwali Celebration - November 23, 2018