Gonzaga University’s Jesuits & the Arts Series will continue Jan. 30 with the already sold-out premiere performance of the musical “Jesus Christ Superstar” in the Magnuson Theatre.
A modern rendition of the last few days of Jesus’ life, the musical addresses questions of the problematic nature of fame, celebrity, and the potentially damaging nature of mass communication in society. Director and choreographer Suzanne Ostersmith offers an interpretation with hip-hop style dance as a contemporary twist to illustrate the trying time for Jesus’ apostles and other leaders of his time, according to a press release.
Additional performances of the musical, presented by Gonzaga University department of theatre & dance, are set for 7:30 p.m. Jan. 31 and Feb. 6-7, and 2 p.m. on Feb. 1 and Feb. 8.
Tickets are $15 for the public, $10 for GU faculty, staff and students. Tickets are available for purchase online.
- Gonzaga Report on Catholic Sexual Abuse Crisis Recommends Next Steps, Path Forward for Healing and Justice - September 4, 2021
- We Believe We Vote Bringing Gov. Mike Huckabee to Spokane - August 29, 2021
- Former U.S. Secretary of State Madeleine Albright to speak at Whitworth University’s President’s Leadership Forum - August 21, 2021
- Saturday Coffee Talk to be on Understanding Prayer - August 6, 2021
- $5 Million Grant Will Fund Research on How Pandemic Has Impacted Congregations - July 28, 2021
- Spokane City Council to Host Discussion on State of Immigrants and Refugees in Spokane - July 21, 2021
- YWCA Spokane to Present Roundtable Discussion: Kids, Caregivers, COVID & Trauma - July 18, 2021
- Nominations open for Eva Lassman Take Action Against Hate Awards - July 12, 2021
- Video: Coffee Talk on Faith and Technology - June 5, 2021
- “Celebrate Curiosity” Art Contest Deadline Approaching May 12 - May 8, 2021