The Rev. Jim Voiss, of Gonzaga University, will explore “Rethinking Christian Forgiveness” in a presentation Oct. 27 in the McCarthey Athletic Center’s Herak Room at GU.
Voiss, assistant vice president for mission and rector of Gonzaga’s Jesuit Community, will focus on his research that led to his new book, “Rethinking Christian Forgiveness.” He will explore contemporary approaches to the concept and share insights and reflections about Christian forgiveness and its application in today’s world, according to a press release.
In addition, the lecture will evaluate questions, including:
- What does it mean to forgive?
- Is there such a thing as “Christian Forgiveness”?
- Is Christian forgiveness different from forgiveness practiced by other faith traditions?
The free public event, sponsored by the Greater Gonzaga Guild, begins with a social at 10 a.m. followed by the lecture and questions from the audience.
The social with refreshments will start at 10 a.m. with lecture and Q&A from 10:30-11:30 a.m. Parking is in the lot immediately south of the McCarthey Athletic Center, which is located on Gonzaga’s campus (N. 801 Cincinnati St.)
- Spokane Clergy Plan to Commit to Year of Anti-Racist Work - September 15, 2020
- FāVS Online Social Coming up Sept. 10 - September 4, 2020
- FāVS Forward: Helping Women & Children - August 22, 2020
- FāVS Forward: Sr. Mary Eucharista, “Hope, Peace & Healing” - August 15, 2020
- FāVS Forward: Rev. Jim Murphy “Come and See” - August 7, 2020
- Video – Coffee Talk: The Power of Words - August 1, 2020
- FāVS Forward: Rev. Heather Tadlock “Holy Agitation” - July 25, 2020
- FāVS Forward: Liv Larson Andrews, “Beautiful Tension” - July 17, 2020
- Director of Quaker Retreat Center to be Digital Guest at Friends Church - July 13, 2020
- YWCA Spokane Calls for Women of Achievement Nominations - July 9, 2020