“I am my beloved’s and my beloved is mine.” —Song of Solomon 8:3
God and marriage are the two most important relationships a person could ever have. If you’re planning your wedding, finding ways to include your faith will make the ceremony more beautiful and meaningful.
Want to learn how to plan a God-centered wedding? Keep reading for the top five tips.
1. Get Couples’ Counseling on God and Marriage
Counseling isn’t reserved for couples who need help fixing their relationship. Pre-marriage counseling is a great way to express any fears and get advice in a loving, safe space. You can think of these sessions as an opportunity to learn more about your partner and how you can work on having a Christ-centered marriage.
2. Pray and Read Together
Faith is all about knowing God and letting Him into your heart. The best ways you can do these things are to pray and read from the Bible. When you develop these habits before you get married, you can carry your faith into your wedding plans and marriage.
Couples who work as a team have the strongest marriages. This means you should both worship God together. A fun way to deepen your bond is to read the Bible together and discuss your thoughts on each passage.
3. Prepare Special Vows with Holy Quotes
Your vows are one of the most important parts of your wedding. This is a time for you and your partner to express your love in a personal manner.
One way you can include your faith in your vows is to choose some of your favorite scriptures on God’s love. Including a quote or two from the Bible is a profound way to show your devotion to your partner and God.
4. Include Faith in All Steps of the Wedding Ceremony
There are plenty of things you can do to bask in God’s presence during every step of your wedding. For example, you can set the tone for your wedding day by customizing your own wedding invite templates to incorporate your faith.
During the ceremony, you can schedule special times for prayer, singing songs of worship, and reciting meaningful passages from the Bible. You can also include decorations that represent your faith, such as having flower arrangements in the shape of a cross.
5. Find Ways to Give Back
Christ’s love is selfless and giving. A beautiful way to honor your faith is to embody Christ’s values. Although your wedding is a day to celebrate your love, there are lots of big and little ways you can give back to others.
One grand gesture could be asking for donations instead of wedding gifts. A smaller gesture that still holds great meaning could include giving gifts to people who are helping with wedding preparations.
Want to Stay up to Date on Faith-Related News?
Now that you know how to join God and marriage, you can plan your dream wedding. No matter what you do, the most important thing to remember is that God will be with you during the ceremony.
If you want to add more faith into your life, our website is your ultimate resource. Check out our news page so you can always stay up to date on important matters.
- Best wedding traditions for different religions - August 20, 2019
- Spirituality and Health 3 Ways Faith Helps to Overcome Stress - August 6, 2019
- God and Marriage 5 Ways to Plan a Wedding with Divine Priorities - July 16, 2019
- Different religions’ take on gaming - July 5, 2019
- SPONSORED: The Most Prolific Sagittarius Traits - June 13, 2019
- Sponsored Post: Gift Religious Jewelry to Your Devout Friends as a Symbol of Respect - May 18, 2019
- Sponsored: How Faith Can Heal Student Mental Health Problems - May 15, 2019
- Sponsored: Imparting Moral Values to Children: The Ultimate Role of Parents - March 14, 2019
- Sponsored: Islamophobia: Destruction of National Harmony - March 8, 2019
- Sponsored: Rarest World Religions You Never Knew Existed - March 6, 2019