POTUS got a little preachy at last night's lighting of theNational Christmas Treenear the White House: “Christ's birth made the angels rejoice and attracted shepherds and kings from afar. He was a manifestation of God's love for us.” Full texthere.
More troubles for Atlanta megachurch pastorBishop Eddie Long: His wife has filed for divorce.
A federal judge says a police officer in Tulsa can continue with his case over not wanting to attend an event at a mosque, but not on free speech grounds.
POTUS joined Bono,Kay Warrenand other luminaries in D.C. yesterday to call for an “AIDS-free generation” by 2015.
Gay rights groups are boycotting the Salvation Army's iconic Red Kettle campaign.
The good folks over at the Pew Forum are defending the methodology that led them to conclude that theU.S. Conference of Catholic Bishopsis the second-largest religious lobby in Washington, even as the bishops heavily dispute that conclusion.
Read full post here.
- Gonzaga Report on Catholic Sexual Abuse Crisis Recommends Next Steps, Path Forward for Healing and Justice - September 4, 2021
- We Believe We Vote Bringing Gov. Mike Huckabee to Spokane - August 29, 2021
- Former U.S. Secretary of State Madeleine Albright to speak at Whitworth University’s President’s Leadership Forum - August 21, 2021
- Saturday Coffee Talk to be on Understanding Prayer - August 6, 2021
- $5 Million Grant Will Fund Research on How Pandemic Has Impacted Congregations - July 28, 2021
- Spokane City Council to Host Discussion on State of Immigrants and Refugees in Spokane - July 21, 2021
- YWCA Spokane to Present Roundtable Discussion: Kids, Caregivers, COVID & Trauma - July 18, 2021
- Nominations open for Eva Lassman Take Action Against Hate Awards - July 12, 2021
- Video: Coffee Talk on Faith and Technology - June 5, 2021
- “Celebrate Curiosity” Art Contest Deadline Approaching May 12 - May 8, 2021