A Freedom and Justice Potluck Seder will be held today at 6:20 p.m. on the rooftop of the Saranac Building.
The event is hosted by The DSA Jewish Solidarity Caucus — an organization seeking to renew the Jewish socialist tradition, to combat antisemitism, and to forge solidarity between Jews and other oppressed people.
According to an announcement, “We will be celebrating passover, a holiday about escape from oppressive violence and slavery towards home and safety.”
The Potluck Seder will include the reading of texts and time to ask questions.
“The themes of our Seder include anti-colonialism and anti-occupation of Palestine, whose people are denied the right of return to their homes and are so frequently denied their rights to food, water, and life. We will also discuss the themes of Passover in the contexts of others currently harmed by and fighting colonialism in our local communities,” the announcement reads.
During Passover, Jewish Kosher practice means not eating leavened breads or similar leavened foods. Guests are asked to bring a vegetarian potluck dish (ex: lentils, rice, potatoes) without leavened ingredients and/or non-alcoholic wine alternative if able so we can be sure to have a kosher/halal event.
Donations are welcome at venmo: https://venmo.com/mishalehm.
- Some Celebrate, Some Vow to Fight Back: Spokane Responds to Reversal of Roe V. Wade - June 24, 2022
- I am learning that ‘being’ is more compelling than ‘doing’ - May 16, 2022
- A tribute to my source, and friend, Pastor Andy CastroLang, who will retire this year - April 18, 2022
- At Upcoming Hybrid Event Panelist Will Discuss “Separate Histories, Common Challenges” - February 23, 2022
- YWCA Sparks Conversation During Teen Dating Violence Action Month - February 2, 2022
- Spokane Retreat Center Offers Post-Christmas Day of Recollection - January 2, 2022
- Supporting Our Reporters: Meet Loren Negron - December 5, 2021
- VIDEO: Coffee Talk — The State of Religion Reporting Today - December 4, 2021
- Spokane Valley Vigil to be Held in Response to Rittenhouse Verdict - November 29, 2021
- A new aspect of the Tarot boom: Diversity in the deck - November 13, 2021