On Thursday First Presbyterian Church will host a forum on how people of faith should respond to an uptick in white supremacy.
Speakers will include Rev. Walter Kendrick of Morning Star Baptist Church, Kristine Hoover of the Gonzaga Institute for Hate Studies and former state senator John Smith.
“Whether we’re seeing neo-nazi flyers posted at a local church (like Rev. Kendricks’s church Morningstar Baptist), or grappling with our region’s prevalence of white supremacist groups, or mourning over the latest mass shooting in our country, how should we respond as people of faith?,” the church said in a press release.
Discussion points will include how communities can stand with those affected as well as how white supremacy can be prevented.
The forum is part of the Biblical Justice Forums at First Presbyterian Church. It will be at 7 p.m. at the church, 318 S. Cedar St.
- Video: Restoring Trust Coffee Talk Forum - December 7, 2019
- Coffee Talk: Restoring Trust - December 6, 2019
- Raising Money for More Religion Reporting in 2020 - December 3, 2019
- Our History Is the Future: Lakota Historian Nick Estes on Thanksgiving & Indigenous Resistance - November 30, 2019
- Sravasti Abbey invites community for Sharing the Dharma Day - November 24, 2019
- Forum this week to focus on responding to white supremacy - November 19, 2019
- Show Your Love for FāVS, Become a Member - November 14, 2019
- 50% off ads on SpokaneFāVS.com - November 12, 2019
- FAN Celebrates 2nd Annual Dinner in Spokane - November 3, 2019
- Survey Gives Insight Into Current American Values - October 21, 2019