On Thursday First Presbyterian Church will host a forum on how people of faith should respond to an uptick in white supremacy.
Speakers will include Rev. Walter Kendrick of Morning Star Baptist Church, Kristine Hoover of the Gonzaga Institute for Hate Studies and former state senator John Smith.
“Whether we’re seeing neo-nazi flyers posted at a local church (like Rev. Kendricks’s church Morningstar Baptist), or grappling with our region’s prevalence of white supremacist groups, or mourning over the latest mass shooting in our country, how should we respond as people of faith?,” the church said in a press release.
Discussion points will include how communities can stand with those affected as well as how white supremacy can be prevented.
The forum is part of the Biblical Justice Forums at First Presbyterian Church. It will be at 7 p.m. at the church, 318 S. Cedar St.
- Video – Coffee Talk: The Power of Words - August 1, 2020
- FāVS Forward: Rev. Heather Tadlock “Holy Agitation” - July 25, 2020
- FāVS Forward: Liv Larson Andrews, “Beautiful Tension” - July 17, 2020
- Director of Quaker Retreat Center to be Digital Guest at Friends Church - July 13, 2020
- YWCA Spokane Calls for Women of Achievement Nominations - July 9, 2020
- VIDEO: Coffee Talk “The Value of Human Connection” - June 5, 2020
- Inslee Issues Guidelines for Resuming Religious Services in Spokane - May 28, 2020
- FāVS Forward Podcast: Rabbi Tamar Malino “Full Life Cycle” - May 22, 2020
- FāVS Forward Podcast: Pastor Joe Wittwer “When Life Gives You Lemons” - May 16, 2020
- Thank you donors! - May 10, 2020