On Feb. 21 Faith Leaders and Leaders of Conscience will host a forum at Temple Beth Shalom about interfaith dialogue and listening.
The discussion will be based on the docudrama, “The Sultan and the Saint,” which tells the story of Francis of Assisi and the Sultan of Egypt who search for common ground after meeting on a bloody battlefield during the period of Christian-Muslim conflict known as the Crusades.
After viewing the 1-hour film, panelists will discuss how dialogue can help achieve understanding among people of different faith traditions and cultures.
Panelists are Sister Pat Millen, Rabbi Tamar Malino of Temple Beth Shalom and Nezar Hussei of Muslims for Community Action and Support. The event will be moderated by Tracy Simmons of SpokaneFāVS.com.
The forum will take place Feb. 21 from 6:30-8:30 p.m. at TBS, 1322 E. 30th Ave.
If everyone who reads and appreciates FāVS, helps fund it with a tax-deductible donation, we can provide more commentary like this. For as little as $5, you can support FāVS – and it only takes a minute. Thank you.[give_form id=”53376″ show_title=”true” display_style=”button”]
- Spokane Clergy Plan to Commit to Year of Anti-Racist Work - September 15, 2020
- FāVS Online Social Coming up Sept. 10 - September 4, 2020
- FāVS Forward: Helping Women & Children - August 22, 2020
- FāVS Forward: Sr. Mary Eucharista, “Hope, Peace & Healing” - August 15, 2020
- FāVS Forward: Rev. Jim Murphy “Come and See” - August 7, 2020
- Video – Coffee Talk: The Power of Words - August 1, 2020
- FāVS Forward: Rev. Heather Tadlock “Holy Agitation” - July 25, 2020
- FāVS Forward: Liv Larson Andrews, “Beautiful Tension” - July 17, 2020
- Director of Quaker Retreat Center to be Digital Guest at Friends Church - July 13, 2020
- YWCA Spokane Calls for Women of Achievement Nominations - July 9, 2020