Earlier this year SpokaneFāVS announced its plan to open an interfaith community center in Spokane. In June the property at 5115 S. Freya will officially become FāVS Center: A Faith and Non-Faith Community Space.
We’re hoping the Spokane community – individuals, business and houses of worship – can help us raise the last phase of funding needed to make this space safe and peaceful and useful.
FāVS is currently raising money for the following:
- Security System
- Landscaping Maintenance
- Office Supplies
- Licensing, Contracting and Permit Fees
This shared sacred space has been made possible through a generous donation from Origin Church, which is closing its doors. The congregation voted to gift its property and partial operating costs to SpokaneFāVS so that the people of Spokane, no matter where they are on their faith journey, can gather in a neutral space for worship, classes, retreats, weddings and other events.
We’ll be having an Open House for the FāVS Center on June 22. More details to come!
- FāVS Forward: Rev. Jim Murphy “Come and See” - August 7, 2020
- Video – Coffee Talk: The Power of Words - August 1, 2020
- FāVS Forward: Rev. Heather Tadlock “Holy Agitation” - July 25, 2020
- FāVS Forward: Liv Larson Andrews, “Beautiful Tension” - July 17, 2020
- Director of Quaker Retreat Center to be Digital Guest at Friends Church - July 13, 2020
- YWCA Spokane Calls for Women of Achievement Nominations - July 9, 2020
- VIDEO: Coffee Talk “The Value of Human Connection” - June 5, 2020
- Inslee Issues Guidelines for Resuming Religious Services in Spokane - May 28, 2020
- FāVS Forward Podcast: Rabbi Tamar Malino “Full Life Cycle” - May 22, 2020
- FāVS Forward Podcast: Pastor Joe Wittwer “When Life Gives You Lemons” - May 16, 2020