Earlier this year SpokaneFāVS announced its plan to open an interfaith community center in Spokane. In June the property at 5115 S. Freya will officially become FāVS Center: A Faith and Non-Faith Community Space.
We’re hoping the Spokane community – individuals, business and houses of worship – can help us raise the last phase of funding needed to make this space safe and peaceful and useful.
FāVS is currently raising money for the following:
- Security System
- Landscaping Maintenance
- Office Supplies
- Licensing, Contracting and Permit Fees
This shared sacred space has been made possible through a generous donation from Origin Church, which is closing its doors. The congregation voted to gift its property and partial operating costs to SpokaneFāVS so that the people of Spokane, no matter where they are on their faith journey, can gather in a neutral space for worship, classes, retreats, weddings and other events.
We’ll be having an Open House for the FāVS Center on June 22. More details to come!
- “Celebrate Curiosity” Art Contest Deadline Approaching May 12 - May 8, 2021
- Take This FāVS Survey & You Could Win a FāVS T-Shirt - April 23, 2021
- VIDEO: Coffee Talk “The Role of Holidays in Different Faith Traditions” - April 5, 2021
- Rally To Be Held in Downtown Spokane Saturday “To Stop Asian Hate” - March 19, 2021
- The Fig Tree Benefits March 5 and 10 To Be Held Virtual - February 28, 2021
- Temple Beth Shalom Vandalized with Swastikas - February 8, 2021
- Top FāVS News and Commentary of 2020 - December 31, 2020
- Pandemic’s effects on religious life, liberty named No. 1 religion story of 2020 - December 17, 2020
- Spokane Clergy Plan to Commit to Year of Anti-Racist Work - September 15, 2020
- FāVS Online Social Coming up Sept. 10 - September 4, 2020