Earlier this year SpokaneFāVS announced its plan to open an interfaith community center in Spokane. In June the property at 5115 S. Freya will officially become FāVS Center: A Faith and Non-Faith Community Space.
We’re hoping the Spokane community – individuals, business and houses of worship – can help us raise the last phase of funding needed to make this space safe and peaceful and useful.
FāVS is currently raising money for the following:
- Security System
- Landscaping Maintenance
- Office Supplies
- Licensing, Contracting and Permit Fees
This shared sacred space has been made possible through a generous donation from Origin Church, which is closing its doors. The congregation voted to gift its property and partial operating costs to SpokaneFāVS so that the people of Spokane, no matter where they are on their faith journey, can gather in a neutral space for worship, classes, retreats, weddings and other events.
We’ll be having an Open House for the FāVS Center on June 22. More details to come!
- Q&A: Council President Candidates Answer Questions About Faith, Ethics - August 2, 2019
- FāVS Coffee Talk Aug. 3 To Address Refugees in Spokane - August 2, 2019
- POEM: Mother Earth - July 22, 2019
- Come See FāVS Center — Spokane’s New Interfaith Community Center — At June 22 Open House - June 21, 2019
- VIDEO: Stewardship and FāVS Center - May 28, 2019
- VIDEO: Update on FāVS Center - May 23, 2019
- Final Phase of Funding Needed to Open Interfaith Center in Spokane - May 21, 2019
- Group plans to protest abortion-ban today in downtown Spokane - May 21, 2019
- YWCA Spokane Calls for 2019 Women of Achievement Nominations - May 18, 2019
- Vigil Tuesday aims to “Heal Spokane Valley’s Image” - May 13, 2019