By Ernesto Tinajero
TThe Soldiers of the Imperial Army,
dressed in red garb worthy of a modern
political convention, come in support
of the power of violence. The take
the children of the poor, the toddler
boys only, and put them to the sword.
King Herod fear the baby boys, you see.
Rachel weeps for her children. The men
of mammon and guns fly banners
freedom, and yet Jesus remains
with us, reminding us of his Way,
Truth and Life, which rises through
his love in victory.
They wipe clean the street of blood,
the cameras have moved on, but
the cross remains, the tears remain
and Michael Brown joins the risen
Lord. God remembers as we forget.
- Charles Murray and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Idea - March 10, 2020
- Layoffs, Heroin, and Grandmas - July 27, 2019
- Politicians who pray only for show deserve criticism - November 27, 2017
- Praying for Las Vegas and gun control - October 14, 2017
- Get out your pennies and help the Spokane Guilds’ School this weekend - April 21, 2017
- This Easter, give up control - April 11, 2017
- Jesus: the Marketing Plan - March 29, 2017
- The Jesus Prayer in practice - January 19, 2017
- Stripping Jesus of Healthcare - January 13, 2017
- Glory be to the Materialism of Christmas - November 30, 2016