Join us at Boots Bakery at 10 a.m Saturday for our second Coffee Talk where we'll discuss Violence and the Sacred.
Can we find a non-violent God? Or when it comes to faith is some violence necessary? Some believe that violence may be acceptable in fulfilling God's purpose, while others feel God's purpose is for us abandon violence. But what is the definition of violence?
At our last Coffee Talk, which was held at Chairs Coffee, we began to discuss this issue and we want to take it further this time around. We also want to explore how it relates to the community we live in.
Some of our writers will be tackling this subject over the next few weeks as we prepare for this discussion. We invite you to follow along and participate in this upcoming conversation.
Boots is located at 24 Main St.
More details are available on our Facebook page.
- Video: Coffee Talk on Faith and Technology - June 5, 2021
- “Celebrate Curiosity” Art Contest Deadline Approaching May 12 - May 8, 2021
- Take This FāVS Survey & You Could Win a FāVS T-Shirt - April 23, 2021
- VIDEO: Coffee Talk “The Role of Holidays in Different Faith Traditions” - April 5, 2021
- Rally To Be Held in Downtown Spokane Saturday “To Stop Asian Hate” - March 19, 2021
- The Fig Tree Benefits March 5 and 10 To Be Held Virtual - February 28, 2021
- Temple Beth Shalom Vandalized with Swastikas - February 8, 2021
- Top FāVS News and Commentary of 2020 - December 31, 2020
- Pandemic’s effects on religious life, liberty named No. 1 religion story of 2020 - December 17, 2020
- Spokane Clergy Plan to Commit to Year of Anti-Racist Work - September 15, 2020