The news has taken us all over the place this year, from the Spokane Women’s March, to vandalism throughout our town to new leadership in the ELCA Synod. And FāVS columnists have shared their thoughts along the way with reflections on pressing issues like abortion and Planned Parenthood, and the popular FāVS “Ask” columns.
Below are the top 10 news stories and columns from the past year, based on readership traffic.
We’d like to continue reporting on the faith stories in this region and offering commentary, too. With your help, we can.[give_form id=”53376″ show_title=”true” display_style=”button”]
- Town’s Only Gay Pastor Creates Community in Politically Divided Dayton
- KKK Sign Found in Spokane Resident’s Yard
- Salem Lutheran Church Vandalized, Community Invited to Help Clean Up
- Hate Groups Alive and Well in Spokane Region
- Rev. Kristen Kuempel Elected Bishop of Eastern Washington Idaho Synod
- New Community Church Seeks New Home in Downtown Spokane
- More anti-Semitic Graffiti Found in Downtown Spokane
- More than 2,000 Expected at Spokane Women’s March
- This Month’s Meet the Neighbors Celebrates Spokane Hindus
- Prayer Vigil Tonight for Freeman High School Shooting Victims
- Whitworth Alum Disappointed with University’s Decision to Cut Ties with Planned Parenthood
- Ask An Atheist: What Happens After Death?
- Ask A Buddhist: Why Do You Shave Your Head?
- Ask A Mormon: Do You Believe in Cremation?
- Responding to the Humanitarian Crisis
- Ask A Mormon: Do Mormons Believe They Will Become Gods?
- Dear Exhausted Evangelical: Abortion isn’t as Simple as I Thought
- Ask A Jew: Are the Jewish People of Today the True Jews From Israel?
- Most Powerful Woman in the Bible: the Holy Spirit
- Ask A Jew: Is Masturbation Allowed in Judaism?
And let’s not forget the six Coffee Talks we hosted this year, in order to create offline engagement with the Spokane community!
- December “The Role of Prayer”
- October “Unlearning Hate”
- August “Forgive or Forget?”
- June Faith and Rules
- April Nature of Truth
- February Effective and Ethical Protest
Help us continue these events in 2018![give_form id=”53376″ show_title=”true” display_style=”button”]
- Taking a Risk for Love - September 19, 2022
- VIDEO – Coffee Talk: Responding To Hate & Violence, Part 2 - August 7, 2022
- Now Hiring: Freelance Reporters - August 2, 2022
- Seeking Local Human Rights Champions - July 26, 2022
- Gonzaga offers $500 prize to person or organization countering hatred￼ - July 23, 2022
- VIDEO! Pop up Coffee Talk: Roe v Wade & Scotus – How my Faith Tells me to Respond - July 20, 2022
- How one church is staying “Grounded” - June 28, 2022
- Some Celebrate, Some Vow to Fight Back: Spokane Responds to Reversal of Roe V. Wade - June 24, 2022
- I am learning that ‘being’ is more compelling than ‘doing’ - May 16, 2022
- A tribute to my source, and friend, Pastor Andy CastroLang, who will retire this year - April 18, 2022