As part of the Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security (CARES) Act economic stabilization plan of 2020, Spokane Faith and Values (FāVS), the parent non-profit of SpokaneFāVS.com and the FāVS Center, won a $2,500 grant to help keep it economically viable during the current pandemic crisis.
Funding has been provided by Humanities Washington and the National Endowment for the Humanities (NEH).
“Since the pandemic, FāVS has seen a significant loss in revenue because donations are down and our building is closed,” said Tracy Simmons, editor of SpokaneFāVS.com and executive director of the FāVS Center.
“However, stories on faith and ethics are still needed in the Spokane community, and this generous grant from Humanities Washington and the National Endowment for the Humanities will allow us to continue meeting that need. We’re so grateful for their support!”
Accordingly, Simmons has dedicated a special section on FāVS’ website to all COVID-19 related news within the faith and values beat. This includes the new FāVS Forward podcasts about how people of faith, and non-faith, can stay connected during COVID-19.
She also continues to offer her digital expertise to faith communities who have found themselves needing help to create an online presence.
As of today, the Humanities Washington website lists the Northwest Museum of Arts & Culture as the only other Spokane non-profit that has received this grant.
FāVS is still in need of community support in this time. If you’d like to contribute to their journalism efforts or help support the interfaith center until it can re-open, you can make a tax deductible donation below.
- FāVS Is Reading Hosts Public Event June 30 - June 27, 2021
- Become a FāVS Member During This Summer 2021 Membership Drive - June 14, 2021
- “Wonderfully Made” Calls People to Love LGBTQ Community in New, Locally-Produced Documentary this Pride Month - June 3, 2021
- The Fruits of the Holy Spirit Aid My Discernment - May 30, 2021
- FāVS Center Re-Open For Community Events - May 14, 2021
- Community Garden Plots Available At FāVS Center - May 11, 2021
- Banner Bank Announces $17,000 Donation Match for Habitat for Humanity Spokane - April 27, 2021
- Inland Northwest Celebrates 51st Earth Day Week with In-Person and Virtual Events - April 15, 2021
- Regional Churches Celebrate Easter under Different COVID-19 Requirements - April 3, 2021
- How This Inland Northwest Church is Celebrating Holy Week During COVID, Again - April 1, 2021