In this episode of FāVS Forward, we speak to the director of a social service agency.
Neal Schindler, director of Spokane Area Jewish Family Services talks about how this small agency is serving its community and preparing for a hopeful Spokane Jewish Film Fest in a few months.
If you appreciate this column, please support us by becoming a sustaining FāVS member or giving to our COVID-19 Reporting Fund.
- A Buddhist argument for restrictions on assault weapons - July 18, 2022
- New Book Tells Story of Local Woman Married to a White Supremacist - July 9, 2022
- Time away from the office leads to a lesson in letting go - June 20, 2022
- What children can teach us about blind faith and the power of ‘Why’? - March 21, 2022
- Christian Author, Diana Butler Bass, to Speak at Pullman Symposium - March 19, 2022
- As gay marriage turns 10 in Washington state, a reminder that progress is slow - February 14, 2022
- Finding the courage to speak, even in the face of alienation - January 17, 2022
- Dogs and dharma: A prison ministry yields children’s book teaching Buddhist lessons - January 5, 2022
- Lessons from Buddha on how to see the good in other people, including my dad - December 20, 2021
- Do you care about religion reporting in Spokane? Consider a donation - November 15, 2021